Misty Mountains :@

Michaelintraining

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, earlyer today (8 am) i went for a nice long walk up Brecon in the rain and took my camera. And every chance i had when the rain had stopped i used the chance to take some pictures. I'm now home nice and dry and thought i'd have a lok at how they turned out but a lot of the poictures seem really misty/foogy. Is there anyway i can reduce this. I've also added two of my favourite shots of the day :D Thanks for the help, Michael.

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

My favourites:-
DSC00062.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

That must have been a VERY beautiful walk!

:shock: Where do you live??

Personally, I like the last one best. The shadows and rays on the hillside really bring out the colours.

As for the misty component: as far as I know, the only solution would be to go out when it's not misty. I know of no GIMP or Photoshop elements that would fix that...

Afterthought: what f stop were you shooting this in? Bumping it to a smaller aperture might get rid of the fuzzy look if maybe the look isn't mist. It could just be OOF area.

Thanks
The f stop for #1 and #2 were 10
I live in south Wales and my friends father was going for a walk with his mate so me and my friend tagged along.
Turned out to be a really good walk though :D

I agree, thr fourth picture is the best. In that case, I'm not sure you should be bothered by the misty/foggy thing it has going on. I think it adds something to the whole feeling of the picture. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Keep the mist. I like it.

I loved #4 but I thought it looked a little over exposed for my taste, I hope you dont mind but I did this with it to bring out some of the details and colour:

423104140_4cFvM-L.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely love the first one. Just the way the sunbeams break through the heavy cloud. I think that this one was actually made better by the mist; without it the beams may not have been noticable. In my opinion, a saturation boost should get rid of some of that misty look, but don't go too far or you'll ruin the photo. Other than that, a circular polarizer can get rid of mist, both water mist and simple mist from being at a high altitude. They're only about £25 for the lower-end ones, and make a great addition to your kit bag.

However, I still think that those shots are really nice, must have been an incredible walk :).

Those are spectacular photos! 1 is fantastic with the sun rays peaking through the clouds. The 4th looks good even with some mist/cloud cover

I loved #4 but I thought it looked a little over exposed for my taste, I hope you dont mind but I did this with it to bring out some of the details and colour:

423104140_4cFvM-L.jpg
There we go!

Some great shots there! I was up on Pen y Van a few years ago, but unfortunately it was before I got into photography so I missed my chance to capture this scenery. Make the most of it!

Most reactions

Back