Mixed Bag O' Portraits C&C

g-fi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just some portraits from the last 4 months, I'm having a hard time inspiring myself to pick up the camera outside of scheduled shoots, but hopefully the warming weather will thaw my brain out from the winter! Spring is coming and Spring means newborn sessions, so I am looking forward to that!

4421853576_a88afc804c_o.jpg

4421087493_9d0a020f61_o.jpg

4421087541_41ff0fca28.jpg

(I was so mad at myself for cutting off her elbow, we were working quickly in some sketchy natural light)

4432513125_ea1860cc4d_o.jpg

I really like that first one. I do think that the red on her dress is a little distracting since everything else in the picture matches with the background colors, but everyone always says red is the best color to shoot, and it's probably just me anyway. :)
Warning: I'm a noob ;) I could be completely wrong about everything.

#1 is great ...i like how the background color compliments her

I like number 1 the most as well but I actually think I would have liked it with her in the same position but on the right of the frame. It seems like she's leaning more towards the left and I want to look to that side but only get to the end of the picture.

Was #1 taken at the Botanical Gardens?

It was actually taken on a bike trail near my house on a little "nature walk" loop right off the trail. I was worried it wouldn't be picturesque enough, but the fall foliage that was left actually turned out nicely. I live in a tiny rural town, so we don't have lovely botanical gardens around here. :(

Well, botanical gardens or not, that really is a lovelly image. (the railing looked "familiar",lol)

Thank you! I was really pleased with the results as well. Validation FTW!

To me, the first one is really nice. Perfect.

The others all have cropping issues:

#2 - cropped too closely on the side of her face.
#3 - cropped too closely on her hat
#4 - cropped too loosely on the left. All that blank space doesn't add anything.I think you were right to crop off the top of his yead

The moral of the story is to shoot a little looser, at full resolution. You can crop later, but you can never un-crop. ;)

4421087541_41ff0fca28.jpg

(I was so mad at myself for cutting off her elbow, we were working quickly in some sketchy natural light)

I'd be more mad that her bra strap is hanging out. I hate to sound so critical, but the bra strap really turned this shot from "fun and playful" to "trailer trash".

I love #4 though... and #1 is really great as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back