Mk5 Spitfire

Fdee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_39612w_hf_zps3ce55085.jpg

Such a beautiful old lady! Truly a testament to Mr. Mitchell's brilliance.

I am jealous. I've seen all kinds of warbirds but never anything British, and the Spitfire and Mosquito are two that I would truly love to see in the flesh.

Over the July 4 weekend we had a rare treat here though, the last B-29 flying anywhere in the world stopped by for a few days and I did get to see that one up close and personal.

Merlin V12 emmmmm!!

Beautiful shot, though looks like your color is a little wonky.

I was expecting a Triumph Spitfire. lol

Wow, thats beautiful. I love that, it looks great and almost unreal. Great shot.

Such a beautiful old lady! Truly a testament to Mr. Mitchell's brilliance.

the Spitfire and Mosquito are two that I would truly love to see in the flesh.

We are lucky over here on the day a mk16 mk5 and a mk9 were present BUT you have the only full sized mosquito that flys (admitedly a replica) we only have a 8/10th scale one that flys and it had technical problems that day

What a beautiful shot!!!

Spitfire, second best fighter in WWII, it shares second place with the ME 109.

First place of course goes to the P-51 which had the same engine as the Spitfire.

The Spitfire is considered by many to be the most beautiful plane in WWII

We are lucky over here on the day a mk16 mk5 and a mk9 were present BUT you have the only full sized mosquito that flys (admitedly a replica) we only have a 8/10th scale one that flys and it had technical problems that day

If your referring to Mosquito KA114, it's not a replica. She is ex Royal Canadian Air Force and was restored over 8 years by Avspecs here in New Zealand.

One big difference is the engines though, I believe they are a pair of Packard Merlins which were spares for the Royal New Zealand Air Force P51-Ds back in the day.

I missed out on seeing her fly here before she was shipped off to Virginia Beach.

She certainly is a beautiful example and a testament to the craftsmen at Avspecs.

Merlin V12 emmmmm!!

Nothing, not anything anywhere in the world, sounds like a Merlin. Not even a V-12 Allison has the same song as a Merlin.

Truth right there! Same as the SR-71 is the best looking object man has ever made, the merlin is a petrol powered eargasam!!

The P-51 went to a merlin power plant didn't it? Have to say the P-51 is a better looking machine in my humble opinion.

Truth right there! Same as the SR-71 is the best looking object man has ever made, the merlin is a petrol powered eargasam!!

The P-51 went to a merlin power plant didn't it? Have to say the P-51 is a better looking machine in my humble opinion.

Agreed. The SR-71 just looks mean sitting still.

Yes, the P-51 was Merlin-powered which is why I know what they sound like. Early Mustangs were Allison-powered and I don't know exactly when they went to Merlin powerplants. I sort of remember that the Mustang was supposed to be Merlin-powered all along but when the airframe was ready the engine wasn't so they started out using Allison V-12 engines.

What a beautiful shot!!!

Spitfire, second best fighter in WWII, it shares second place with the ME 109.

First place of course goes to the P-51 which had the same engine as the Spitfire.

The Spitfire is considered by many to be the most beautiful plane in WWII

i missed your post dude!

Agreed. The SR-71 just looks mean sitting still.

Yes, the P-51 was Merlin-powered which is why I know what they sound like. Early Mustangs were Allison-powered and I don't know exactly when they went to Merlin powerplants. I sort of remember that the Mustang was supposed to be Merlin-powered all along but when the airframe was ready the engine wasn't so they started out using Allison V-12 engines.

I used to be seriously into war planes when I was young and probably could of told you the date of the first one! Time has pushed a lot of my knowledge out of the brain!!

The P-38 and Mosquito are two mean looking machines too, don't know why the single engined planes seem to get most of the fame.

Most reactions

Back