ML-L3 IR release?

ecnal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lancewilkinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Curious about this for my D40 - a good buy? Am I correct in saying that this is the only remote shutter release for the D40 (meaning that it can't take a cable release?)

They're on eBay for 20$. And there's a knockoff one for about 3$ with free shipping. I think I'd spring the extra 17$ though. I just don't trust a listing with grammar of a fourth grader. :)

Also, down the road, I'm looking to get a D90 - this works with that, correct?

Thanks as always!

I have 3 of the $5/shipped remotes because they work so well with the d40 and D90, they're so inexpensive I just got one for each camera case. ;)

I also have to throw in a vote on how great the $3 remotes are, you really can't go wrong with it (unless you hate money...specifically the $17 that would go to the other remote).

I have the nikon brand remote and have to say i have no problems except that you have to be pointing the remote at the front of the camera. Besides that all is good.

Cool. I'm thinking that a piece of aluminum tape angled just right could fix the 'having the point at the front' problem.

Remote purchased!

I don't use my ML-L3 anymore, I've had nothing but bad luck with it. I had to point it exactly at the right spot on the camera or it didn't work. Most of the time I just gave up and used the timer because it was so darn picky.

I bought a wired remote instead, the Satechi TR-G. The control unit doesn't look like the one pictured though, it's like the TR-B. Works every time, no matter which way I'm facing. Plus it's got a built-in intervalometer which makes long exposures a breeze--no more watching the second hand. Just dial in the seconds or minutes (or hours) and press the button. :)

They have intervalometers for lots of bodies: Satechi :: Camera Accessories- Wireless Shutters, Remote Timer Shutters, Battery Grips, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus

Most reactions

New Topics

Back