MLB Baseball Photographer Salary?

Lonnie1212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Folks,

A friend and I were talking about what the salary might be for a full time photographer of a baseball team. The St.Louis Cardinals has a full time photographer. The team game pictures are awesome. Couldn't find any information on the internet.

Chances are not as much as you will think. Typically for MLB, there are multiple photogs. You will need some BIG glass for it. Shooting the action on the field is such a small part of it. I've shot for the AAA team here in OKC and the shot list as much of the fan interaction, promotions and such as it does of the game.

Chances are not as much as you will think. Typically for MLB, there are multiple photogs. You will need some BIG glass for it. Shooting the action on the field is such a small part of it. I've shot for the AAA team here in OKC and the shot list as much of the fan interaction, promotions and such as it does of the game.

Thank you Ron. It is good to hear from you. I want to try baseball or softball photography sometime soon.

I’m moving this out of the Gallery forums which are for sharing photos. Moving to the Aspiring Professionals forum seems the best fit.

Thank you Ron. It is good to hear from you. I want to try baseball or softball photography sometime soon.

You’re welcome. I would start off with little league or HS before taking on MLB. I'm sure that even MiLB that I shoot is different than MLB. Good luck.

Hi Folks,

A friend and I were talking about what the salary might be for a full time photographer of a baseball team. The St.Louis Cardinals has a full time photographer. The team game pictures are awesome. Couldn't find any information on the internet.

I know him personally and I do not know how much he makes, I doubt he would tell me if I asked him. He also does photography for the St. Louis Blues.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back