MMA: Art of War 14 - Macau, China (09-26-09)

Tokyudo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
MMA: Art of War 14 - Macau, China (09-26-09)

Here are shots I captured at Art of War 14 in Macau, China. It was a great event. Art of War is poised to become the next big thing in China and potentially the world.

Daijiro Matsui vs. Daniel Madrid
2cmm9tt.jpg

Michael Costa vs. Simeon Thoresen
2a8s1tg.jpg

Wanderlei Silva congratulating Rolles Gracie after his win over Peter Graham
315difm.jpg

Arthit Hanchana vs. Dai Shuang Hai
6ej4eg.jpg

Vaughn Anderson vs. Kim Dong Hyun
mi16z5.jpg

Peter Graham
124yjyc.jpg

Dai Shuang Hai's Mongolian ring entrance
2gxfg1y.jpg

Derjderem "Moogie" securing a keylock
vrzn9z.jpg

Up and coming fighter Claes Beverlov in action:
xm49jp.jpg

2w5kftk.jpg

2dj52yv.jpg

2iw1t9k.jpg

Couple of familiar faces
1znvplt.jpg

24wzqx0.jpg

Ring Girl
mcue0m.jpg

Wang vs. Tsuboi
2zftmk8.jpg

2z83uvm.jpg

bhj6ux.jpg

(2nd groin shot sustained)

Royce Gracie hands Daniel Madrid some play money
f4iqdl.jpg

Some nice shots there, crisp and clear :) Some of the skin tones seem a little pale/washed out, but that might just be my screen

You have a literal handful of excellent shots sprinkled in with just average, for-the-record shots. Shots 5,8,and 9 are really good, and then near the end there are two or three other shots that show good action and a strong focal point. I enjoy watching MMA on Spike TV here in the USA, and I do recognize the officials, but don't understand why they were photographed with the camera held horizontally,with all that black space to the left and right of them.

Technically, the exposures look pretty good; perhaps a slight bit lacking in contrast, but overall,pretty good looking exposures. I think some of the more mundane shots are distracting attention from the five or six really strong,dynamic shots you captured.

^ Thanks for the comments guys. I must admit that I didn't do a good job of putting my best shots up there (and grouping for that matter). The pics I posted are unaltered, literally straight from the camera with the exception of being resized. I've been too busy to do any adjustments but it is my goal to do some of that this weekend. I just wanted to share what I had so far to you guys. I've got more good action shots to post later.

Most reactions

Back