Mmmm....Liver n Onions!

Dude, you're totally like, only 3 hours or so from me.

If/when we ever get around to doing a Chicago meetup, you'd better make it!

that depends on when it's gonna happen. I'll probably be gone sometime in september (I'm going on a mission for my church for two years)

I'll send ya a shot of me and you guys can exchange it and carry it around with you. So while you're hangin' out at calumet (or whatever camera place you folks will desend upon) you can buy film for me and inquire about m42 lenses. Better yet, I'll send ya a head shot and you turn it into a mask, then designate someone to wear it. One catch, though. They'll have to comfortable with wearing bushy sideburns and one heavy nugget of a camera. And if you guys get around to it, try to make a trip to the old Essany studio in Chicago. A few cemetaries would be nice too (you find the best sculpture in a cemetary)

either that or just hoist a vernor's in your hand (and maybe a brat in the other) and give a salute...

Calumet is a goooood hike! The nearest L station is like a mile from it! (not that I've walked it 3 times just to get ONE person a Christmas gift, or anything)

What's the old Essany studio?

and now i can impress you with my other hobby... Film History!

Essany was a movie company that formed in Chicage in the first ten years of the 20th century. It was formed by George K. Spoor and "Bronco" Billy Anderson, hence Essany. By the early teens, they had moved most of their productions out to California. I think the company folded somewhere around 1916 or 1917

See what you've been missing.

which reminds me, i do like onions (and garlic too) especially with cabbage and bacon

I know full well what I'm missing - and that's exactly why I avoid it.

Red cabbage, apples and sultanas braised in vinegar, cider and brown sugar...

Don't forget desert. (<--- typo)
http://www.gupuds.com/decadent/index_master.html
Turned Anti onto this stuff when she was here.
If you like chocolate you will die happy.
Yes, you evil, evil man. "Dark chocolate orange and almond torte". Have checked one local grocer and they don't carry it. Am going to keep checking others though. That stuff is decadent!

(From liver'n'onions to chocolate orange and almond torte...looks like a thread hijack to me!)

Most reactions

Back