MN Lakeland Pt 2

kc0ltv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks for sticking with me...we're still at Big Sandy Lake. Here are a few looking in the direction of the (still not quite setting) sun. The sky certainly didn't turn out too nicely, but I don't know if I could have done anything about that...

#6:

166b15i.jpg

#7:

166b3mh.jpg

#8:

166b42o.jpg

They say that Minnesota is the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" on our license plates. There are actually many more, and plenty in the vicinity of where I was. I went to one particularly small one...forgot the name:

#9:

166bp8z.jpg

Now we move on to nearby Prairie Lake. These pictures were also taken from the public access boat launch, right around sunset. Unfortunately, the trees blocked the now very low sun. Also, I couldn't walk out onto the dock because somebody was launching a boat. Oh well....

166bsbs.jpg

- Probably underexposed, but I like the result. Maybe I'm just weird...

166bsr8.jpg

166btba.jpg

Thank you for your patience in looking at these! Pleeeze leave comments, suggestions, etc. if you can!
(All of these pictures were taken with a Sony DSC-P71, handheld, no special filters or lenses - I don't think they make any! Editing consisted of cropping and removing blemishes from some images, but no color enhancement / changes).​

9 and 10 are my favourites from all!!! thank you for sharing!!

I don't mind the underexposure in your Photo 11 at all, actually I personally am quite fond of the colour enhancement that can be achieved by a mild underexposure. The colours of the sky and their reflections on the rippled water surface are what is most important in that photo, so I am glad the trees and the boat are only black silhouettes.

While I am intrigued by Photo 10, which made me look at it for longer, I still like your Photo 12 best of all here. It could do well without the weeds in the foreground, and I like the interruptions of the water lilies in the water surface.

LaFoto said:
I don't mind the underexposure in your Photo 11 at all, actually I personally am quite fond of the colour enhancement that can be achieved by a mild underexposure. The colours of the sky and their reflections on the rippled water surface are what is most important in that photo, so I am glad the trees and the boat are only black silhouettes.

While I am intrigued by Photo 10, which made me look at it for longer, I still like your Photo 12 best of all here. It could do well without the weeds in the foreground, and I like the interruptions of the water lilies in the water surface.
You can blame that on the guys using the boat launch :) I wanted to walk on the dock where I could actually get an uninterrupted picture, but I had to do with the weeds. It was a very nice sunset though.

LOL, not being a fisherman myself, I accidentally parked my car right next to it, before I had to move it.

Do you like this version of #7 better? I usually don't like to do B & W, but the original color version lacked contrast, and it seems to do quite well in grayscale...

166zlti.jpg

Most reactions

Back