Status
Not open for further replies.

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there still an area where you can post phone images? I tried the one in the "Theme" area but it doesn't seem to exist.

I was wondering the same thing but seems like your question went unanswered, which is unusual as the mods here are pretty on top of things...

Is there still an area where you can post phone images? I tried the one in the "Theme" area but it doesn't seem to exist.
Hmm. Never really gave that much thought, since I have seen some wonderful images from cell phone cameras, where the photographer worked hard in post processing. Those should be placed in any category in the main Galleries that suits the subject.

If it's a just for fun snapshot image, it can be placed in the Just for Fun gallery.

About Themes: if you don't see a category in there that suits you, just start a new one! :) That forum is totally member-driven. Have at it!

Hmm. Never really gave that much thought, since I have seen some wonderful images from cell phone cameras, where the photographer worked hard in post processing. Those should be placed in any category in the main Galleries that suits the subject.

If it's a just for fun snapshot image, it can be placed in the Just for Fun gallery.

About Themes: if you don't see a category in there that suits you, just start a new one! :) That forum is totally member-driven. Have at it!
Okay.....And not intending to be argumentative at all but the thing with having a specific cell phone area is that it gives cell phone images more reverence if that makes sense....

Okay.....And not intending to be argumentative at all but the thing with having a specific cell phone area is that it gives cell phone images more reverence if that makes sense....
If I'm honest, no, it doesn't make sense. This forum has always placed importance on the image. Equipment is just a means to an end. We have forums for Canon, Nikon, Cell Phones, etc, but that's really for discussion, not necessarily for the specific sharing of images made with that equipment, or for 'giving reverence' to equipment over the image.

As terri said, if someone wants to start a photo theme thread specifically restricted to cell phone images, knock yourselves out.

There’s a theme thread already. Let me find it…

Here it is.

Sometimes, it doesn't really matter. Some people will put their photos and snapshots wherever they want (and argue about it).
</rant>

Last edited:
Sometimes, it doesn't really matter. Some people will put their photos and snapshots wherever they want (and argue about it).
</rant>
Perhaps you could show where I was arguing about it? I made a statement, even explaining that I was not trying to argue, Limr explained the perspective of it's about the image not the device used, good enough, I understand. I asked with one post and it was answered with one post and this constitutes a argument to you.......

Did I name anyone or any post specifically? Are you feeling guilty?

Since I was the only one posting other then the mods it is rather obvious. But I will note you consider a comment for comment exchange an argument.

polarbearfacepalm.jpg

The question has been answered. No need for additional posts (moved).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back