Mobile Phone Photography

AWAaron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone!!

I am new to this forum and product photography. I would be grateful if anyone could ask my questions below:

Whats the best way to take professional pictures of mobile phones?

I use a light box but when i take a picture of my iphone, i get the reflect of the camera on the iphone screen. How do i edit this or reshoot without the reflection?

Also how do you get this effect on a iphone screen? Is it some sort of effect in photoshop?

IPHN4-PUR-GEL-ebay.jpg

Someone would have to write a book to answer your questions.

You're in luck - Someone has:

Light: Science and Magic - An Introduction To Photographic Lighting by Hunter, Biver, and Faqua.

I will see if i can get hold of that book. Could you answer my last question?

Well, thats not a photo, thats a render.

While it would be possible to get that sort of reflection on a glass screen, it would be near impossible, and definitely not at a head on angle, you will just end up seeing the camera/yourself, like you have found. Basically, you're gonna need a small 3 sided square box, black or white, so you can place the phone in, and give a neutral background, and for a phone with a glass screen, either some very careful lighting (Definitely no flash on the camera), or angles where the BG of the box is reflected into the lens.

The screen affect can be created using photoshop, the polygnal (?) tool, and a white-clear gradient tool. Fairly basic technique, and not how that was created, but would give a similar effect.

Rarely are products actually photographed for adverts etc, just use a high quality render, its quicker, easier and looks better.

Thanks for that information. I will look into rendering, this may be what i was looking for.

Thanks for that information. I will look into rendering, this may be what i was looking for.

lol, I don't think you can just read a book, then 'Render' something on the scale of that iPhone. It's not a picture, its computer generated.

Most reactions

Back