Mockingbird's bad feather day.

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bad feather day? lol
He landed at the end of the log and pretty much stomped to shore, I didn't ask lol

Actually it was hot as heck (almost 100 with the humidex :confused:) so he likely had a dip in the water and didn't bother straightening up.

Wish I could have given him a bit more room to walk into but there was a bunch of foliage in the foreground on the right. A bit sharper would have been nice also.

He did walk into the light for me though :)

C&C always welcome and appreciated.

Definitely a bad feather day - nice capture, thanks for sharing. You even got a bit of an action shot with him/her taking a step and a catchlight in the eye.

Thanks Ernicus and WesternGuy :)

Cute shot! And umm, not trying to be a smart arse, but that's actually a cat bird. ;-)

Judi, great capture. Love the expression, and the feathers, along with the one foot up. The only thing I would suggest is a slight crop to kill about 1/2 of of the dead space above the Grackle. I just adjusted the picture so that the upper half was cut off by the top of my monitor, and it just Popped.

Thanks Carol and Joel :)
Carol, no worries lol I've been known to give the wrong ID lol mind you on this one we are both right! In some areas they are called gray mockingbirds but they are more widely known as catbirds which I didn't know so thanks!

Joel, I tried that and it helps the composition so much! Thanks! I'll upload the edit tonight :)

Ha ha that is quite the bad feather day! Great shot, looking forward to seeing your edited version when you upload it later :)

Thanks Blacksheep :)

Here is the edit Joel suggested, cropped about half of the space above him. Good eye Joel!

Yes, that's quite a bad day. I like the blurred right foot - makes it look like he's shaking himself out. We get a lot of cat birds and I've never seen one not looking sleek. It's sort of like a tabloid cover picture of a famous cat bird caught after a long night out.

Judi, just a huge difference !! Great use of the space. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice pic. I've found that usually, when a bird's feathers look like that, it's a young bird that may have just fledged.
I have a pic of a robin with very similar feathers........... :)

Most reactions

Back