Model did great, but the photographer?? CC please

doziergraphic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are the only 'modeling' shots I've done. Plenty of mistakes I already know about after the fact, but thought I'd post them and hope for some feedback.

For this shoot used Canon Rebel with Canon 75-300 lens. I think most of them were overexposed. Did some fixing in elements 7, cloned out some spots and freckles, and used the blur tool to smooth the skin (very sloppy with the blur tool I'm sure).

Brandi_1.jpg

Brandi_2.jpg

Brandi_3.jpg

Brandi_4.jpg

Brandi_5.jpg

#5 I believe is too soft and overexposed, the others are inclear focus and exposed nicely to me. I do have to ask if you enhanced her eyes? If you did they are a tad too much in #1 and 2 and cloudy in #5.

Less is more much of the time. Nice head and shoulders images and small tweaks would do more. Don't make the eyes look false and watch the colour balance.

These look oddly softened in some way, and her eyes and lashes look 'off' somehow. She's a very attractive young woman.

Thanks for the feedback! Love this forum!

of course I spent MOST of the processing time on the eyes and I KNEW it was a mistake to go that far. I saved the pss file so I can go back and take that layer out.

It was her first photo shoot also, we did a ton more, and some 3/4 lengths, but she was a bit 'put off' about her 'extra few pounds' on the belly and made me promise NOT to EVER post them on the web haha - even though I did use the liquify filter with some amazing sucess - but trust me, she looks GREAT and really doesn't have a belly, but true to my word ... I can't post them.

I'd take a step back on shots like these. Get a little real estate around the subject.

I keep staring ant her silver necklace, which is reflecting the light and distracting from her face.

1, 3, and 4 have a gray haze over the picture that I don't like at all. Step back a bit so she has a little more of a frame.

they all look like the same picture. aside from #2 her expression doesn't really change.

any variety in the set?

everyone else nailed the tech errors.

p!nK

we did over 150 shots, but as stated, she didn't want full lenth or 3/4 length posted - those are the better 'technical' shots because we did them toward the end of the shoot once I got a better idea of focusing on eyes, lighting, etc.

Although they may be 'better' than what I posted, they still likely have the same lighting flaws and other problems pointed out here on these shots. We'll be doing more and we'll see if I can improve on them.

You might consider using a gray card to set white balance. It appears to me that the WB is not consistent in your pics, and the only one that looks close to my eye is #5.

Otherwise, I think they are nice shots.

Lovely model but you really went too far with the processing around her eyes. The rest of her face looks slightly soft but the eyes are sharp and punchy. That was the first thing I noticed. You can bet anyone who knows her -- family, friends, etc... -- will see it right away. Just my opinion, of course. But the shots are well composed. I think #3 is my fav'. Your model is very beautiful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back