Model (NSFW) Nudity!

These photos are hot to me.

I think your model is beautiful, and I'm not just saying that to make anyone feel better. I would smooth out the backs of her legs, just because women are SO self-conscious about their thigh region. And keep in mindwe hold people in photographs to MUCH higher standards than we do IRL. Even a total hottie will look very average (and even sub-average) when taken a photo of. It will ALWAYS take some post-processing to make them live up to our photographic expectations. :)

Everything about these shots has been said a million times over already. But I think for you being very new to photography you rock. But shooting a nude woman is like starting out doing the hardest thing possible. There are some issues, but I still think its a great set for a noob (like me). But put some of her clothes back on (but not too many, lol), take her out around dusk (about an hour or two before), and see if she can look more fluid in her poses (how's that for a contradiction?). These few things, and these shots will easily be TWICE as good!

Last edited:
Hi, firstly I must say congratulations to both you and the model on overcoming the personal hurdle of nude photography as i'm sure it can be a daunting and often anxious experience (getting someone comfortable enough, moving them in poses which may not be comfortable, but look comfortable etc).

However, I must say that the majority of the poses are not flattering. It's not her body or her figure, her cellulite or spare tyre (which she barely has any of), it's what you've done with it.

I expect that it may be partly because you are a female, and sexy shots to women are different to sexy shots to men.

I would suggest purchasing a penthouse, playboy or even something a bit more adult in regards to examining poses. You don't need to have anything or everything exposed, but to get an understanding of what poses you find flatter the female figure and what poses don't.

More specifically:

Have her pull her legs up closer to her body and cross them. This both covers her privates, looks classic and is probably more comfortable for her. Also, either wait for another time in the day, or bracket your exposure and combine it later, as the picture is way too overexposed, even for a "hot" looking shot.

Whilst I understand she (or you) may think that exposing her breasts is a bit tacky. Having her cover up only the smallest portion with her hands makes her look nervous and makes the picture look unnatural. In this picture it looks like she might be innocently exploring, or trying to find something. She should have her arms by her side, although in an active sort of pose where she looks like she is in mid decision of where to go. If that makes sense.

This is good, however you should have had her pull her leg back/up a bit more so her thighs are side by side. Also do some retouching and smooth out her skin, the undies are sexy, and so is her bum, so you need to emphasize her curves and not the texture of her skin.

This one is nice, albeit a little too soft. It also would have been preferable if you weren't on such an angle, but if she was a bit more vertical. Probably one of the better and more comfortable shots of your series.

This one is good too, however. As stated before your poses need to be tweaked a little. She should be pushing out her bum and emphasising the small of her back and her nice figure more. As it is, it doesn't really flatter her body, aside from her being thin.

This is a nice one. However I would recommend getting the background a bit more out-of-focus, as well as retouching / smoothing her skin. Again, we don't want to focus on the texture of her skin, but it's tone and her figure.

I like this one too actually. However without sounding too tacky, a bit more bum would be nice. If her undies were down a little further. But that's just me. Also, you could have potentiall got her in that pose, her tattoo, her bum as well as her face in the photo, and it would have been perfect I think.

Sorry again if this seems tacky, but the bra isn't sexy. As well as she really should be smiling and opening up in this one. She has fantastic eyes, but her lips give way to her possibly being uncomfortable or waiting for instruction. Get your bearing, tell a joke and shoot an unsuspecting moment.

Again, she needs to push her bum out a little more, accentuating her figure. It doesn't look so much like a sensual, or slow motion of her pulling her knickers down, it looks like you might have been an observer that has caught her in the act. This is more along the lines that the pose itself isn't graceful or elegant, it looks like a mis-shot or something.

Anyways, I hope my critique wasn't too much. Overall i think you've overcome the major hurdles of doing this kind of photography (that being getting in that situation in the first place and managing to take photos that aren't abhorrent). I would suggest a re-shoot after reading some nude magazines together to get suggestions. It might loosen things up and make for some fun times whilst you (and her) are thinking of poses from the magazines that you both like.

Good luck!

I should post up some nude photos... seems like everybody gets fired up over a pair of boobies.

Just a note I'd love to see some more pictures of this model. I don't care if she is clothed or not a lot of the time clothed can actually give a sexier look than nude if that is what you're going for and it should make your model look more comfortable which would be a big plus. Once you've worked a little bit on the comfort factor it looks like you'd have an excellent model.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're going to shoot glamour semi-nudes with these particular poses, you at least need to edit out the cellulite on the back of her thighs and break out the liquify tool on the spare tire showing in several of them.

My preference would be for better coaching and more careful attention to posture, or if that doesn't work a more suitable model.

Sorry, but thats the first thing I thought of too... :confused:

OK

I feel I need to say a few things.

1. The model is beautiful. She's a regular woman, and does not need to "hit the gym". This society has us believing curves are ugly, when in fact, they are very natural.

That being said, it takes a different photog to photograph a real woman than a stick model. Their are different things to accentuate. Some of the BEST nude work is with imperfect models, but you NEED to know what you are doing.

2. The model, even if beautiful, is inexperienced. She doesn't look comfortable, and instead she looks stiff and uninterested. Try adding EMOTION to your photography.

3. No woman ever sits around and holds her own boobs; hence that pose NEVER looks good. Never ever. Seriously. Never.

4. You DO need to edit her a lot more.

OK

I feel I need to say a few things.

1. The model is beautiful. She's a regular woman, and does not need to "hit the gym". This society has us believing curves are ugly, when in fact, they are very natural.

I'm glad there are some of us out there that understand this.

The poses and expressions need some fine tuning....

Not to be rude, but she is a HOTTIE!

Lets see more....with clothing that form fits, will be much sexier as Monkey said....

good poses.....u covered a woman exterior very finely....i shd congratulate u...there is some lighting problems as mentioned above...but the lady supercedes.

Not to sound like everyone else that has replied. I've learned a lot about shooting nudes in a studio; with very little space; and a cheap light set. If the subject has any thing not flattering about her body poses and lighting will cover it. Use all resources that you can to make the capture better. I would also have used curves in PS to bring down the contrast of her skin in the B&W, her ultrawhite skin was the first thing I noticed, then the sharpness of the backgrounds; the blur tool can fix that or diffuse glow just the background to soften the back. There are things that I would do different but it's your work be proud of it and just keep shooting.

PS: your subject also has to be comfortable with you, so always keep your subject smiling even if it has to be on the inside.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back