Model Release??

leopardforest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am not too sure if you need when you need a model release. So would I need one for this picture? Or do I not need one because it is not obvious who it is? What other situations do you need to have one?

Thanks!!

2155412228_0fe658228a.jpg

I wouldn't think you would need a model release for that photo, just because you can't tell who it is. Now if there were distinct features or an actual face, then it would probably be a safe bet to get a model release form signed.

The smartest thing you could do is have everyone you shoot sign a release. If you don't cover your butt someone will surely kick it someday!
You don't need one unless the subject is clearly recognizable in the photography. Silhouettes are in the gray area.
Just have some releases in your kit at all times just in case!

If you sell photos for stock then you will surely need a release!

If it is a pablic place then I understand you do not need to have a model release. Especially if you are selling it to news organizations or, are working for an event organizer. But if it is somebody modeling for you, then you need a release to publish the images. In that case there will be an agreed upon compensation. Wether that entail portfolio pics, cash or, whatever.

Model releases are for model shoots and advertising. Otherwise, they are not necessary.

skieur

do you need a model release form signed to post pics on your website.

do you need iy especially if they are under 18?

im a bit wary of putting my portraits of kids on my website.
[for obvious reasons]

do you need a model release form signed to post pics on your website.

do you need iy especially if they are under 18?

im a bit wary of putting my portraits of kids on my website.
[for obvious reasons]

If taken in a public area then no but, then there is a weird moral play there. Are you talking paid for portraits? If so then I would get permisson if it is for it first.

yes i am paid.

i need to print up a form dont i any ideas how i could word it?

thanks for your help

just read it seems a bit full on but useful.

could i just not write.

i give permission for my image to appear on ..........................[ my name]
website and in her portfolio.

or do i need more that that

You do not need a release unless the photograph is used for commercial purposes.

just read it seems a bit full on but useful.

could i just not write.

i give permission for my image to appear on ..........................[ my name]
website and in her portfolio.

or do i need more that that
Depending what state you are in you can use your own wording. Some state are more lieneint than others in this respect. For example I am in Az and, we are still an oral contract state. So something like that will work.

Depending what state you are in you can use your own wording. Some state are more lieneint than others in this respect. For example I am in Az and, we are still an oral contract state. So something like that will work.

Oral contracts still hold water in your state?! I don't think they do here in Idaho. And if they do, they are losing ground really really fast!:shock:

Most reactions

Back