Model Release

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
When do you have to have one??? For instance I travel about once a year for a few weeks on a mission trip, I take loads of pictures, but what if I wanted to sell them or enter them in a contest??? What are the rules on this sort of thing, b/c there is no way to get them signed???

Thanks for the link. The info on the site was helpful when shooting photos of those in the US. I should have been more specific in my question though in that the pictures I have taken are from individuals in third world countries...such as Cambodia. I have shots from other places as well, but many of the people in Cambodia can't even read and write, let alone speak enough English to ask them for permission. In these cases is a release even needed? And if so, then how in the world would you go about getting that done???

BTW, I read on one photographer's (Jim Zuckerman?) webpage that in many 3rd world countries a model release isn't really necessary in most cases.

Many of those living in very poor regions are impressed by digital photographs of themselves on the LCD screen. And the photographer states that it's a good idea to send copies of the photos to them for free, as photographic services are either too expensive or may be non-existant there.

Most reactions

Back