Model Session - RL at the Amusement Park

I

Iron Flatline

Well, I tried my first Editorial-style shoot, but I have to admit to my taste it went somewhat wrong. The ONE TIME in my life I counted on Berlin having sad and overcast skies I got bright horrible sunlight that made everything unpleasantly harsh. I didn't have an assistant to hold a scrim, and the framing and shot composition would have made that unworkable anyway. I had hoped it would be like it was when I scouted the location in January, you can see those images here.

I would be very happy if you would tell mich (if any) you like. I'm also interested in hearing what you don't like.

1. Past the stairs

4433357228_c2bf678a9e_o.jpg

2. Fly away.

4432584347_987546f2c4_o.jpg

3. Into the mouth of the madness rollercoaster

4432584957_07a1c0bbf0_o.jpg

4. Dancing with Dino

4438597762_3491548275_o.jpg

5. On the tracks

4432587033_ec80fcbbe4_o.jpg

6. Up into the trees

4433362050_27503aa667_o.jpg

7. By the bridge in the afternoon light

4432588595_c6ae0a2db8_o.jpg

8. By the wheel

4432586165_f619cd8e25_o.jpg

...and a NSFW image (sorry, gotta always get in a nude shot)... The whole set is here.

Wow. Is this that abandoned amusement park? The style, makeup and clothing work perfect for it!

Iron
As cliche as it may be, I really like the railroad shot. I also noticed ice on the water...is it that cold there?

#2 with the model jumping is great. The illusion of the ballons taking her off her feet. I do not remember if you do PP. If you do, that shot could really work.

Number two is an awesome shot, like everyone else said, great capture.

I really like number eight too, the colors are very vibrant and work great with the background.

I really like them all, but #3 is just awesome!

They are all awesome ... I would love to be able to find an abandoned park like that around here in the States but that would never happen ...

Looked at the whole series on the flickr and they are all really nice ... good work, even with the glaring afternoon light.:thumbup:

Her hair is way too frizzled for my OCD admiration however I do appreciate the artistic views in 2, 3, 5, and 8.

Thanks all, great to hear someone likes them... As immature as it sounds, it makes it easier for me to like them. Can't believe as a grown-up I'm still seeking other's approval like a teenager... but there way are. No point in pretending otherwise :lol:

pbelarge - yup. That's ice. We were in and out of the family minivan to warm up between shots. It was about 1.5 degrees Celsius (around 35 degrees Farenheit.) And the van was full of those balloons most of the time. Squeaky and rubbery, with not much room to change in.

No Photoshop beyond Lightroom adjustments - yet. I'm glad the flying away shot worked, I was thinking of removing the shadows underneath her... but that would make it look fake.

Picking fav's I'd say I really like #2 and #8. I like the color and the way you have her framed out by the balloons, and the Ferris wheel in the background is perfect.

I also like the composition in #5, it reminds me of those old time movies where the 'damsel' is always ending up on the railroad tracks... I think converting it to black and white, adding a bit of grain and boosting the contrast would produce a really cool image...

Wow. #2 seems to be the favourite, hands-down. i like them all. Each one is quite nice, but if I had to pick one, it would be #2 as well. :)

Cheers!

Maybe it's just me but a lot of the crops seem a little too loose. I really like #3 though. Very nice colors.

I like #2 and #3. For some reason image #1 is not loading for me.

I think #5 could have been a lot more interesting if shot from a lower angle, like down along the tracks. Overall nice series, :).

Most reactions

Back