Model Session, Sarah Ann, Capital Duck Studio

I

Iron Flatline

Here's a few images from a session with Model Sarah Ann (via Model Mayhem) last week at Capital Duck Studios (Berlin, Germany).

There's a Flickr Set with a larger selection.

I welcome any comments and questions.

Session 1:

4313549865_de590798fc_o.jpg

4314287318_5bc8ef6e99_o.jpg

4314287600_395213da53_o.jpg

Session 2:

4314288906_ee4014aca9_o.jpg

4314311558_c9cb434362_o.jpg

4314289042_02dd5bd8c2_o.jpg

Session 3:

4313553043_0868c9f164_o.jpg

4314289734_36604c9d12_o.jpg

Session 4:

4313554545_3edb204b95_o.jpg

4313554633_a2af68fa9e_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice!!! what a beautiful girl... her lips are gorgeous and the color and texture of her skin is amazing. I also like all the wardrobes chosen! Great job, I'm sure she is very pleased with her pictures and you should be too!

That lower lip looks as if it has been blowtoxed way too much. Too the point where in one photo it looks like it's falling off her face. I don't think it's an attribute you want to highlight. Some of your shots hide it nicely.

That lower lip looks as if it has been blowtoxed way too much. Too the point where in one photo it looks like it's falling off her face. I don't think it's an attribute you want to highlight. Some of your shots hide it nicely.
Yeah... her lower lip certainly got my attention. It looks a bit odd. :er:

In the first few photos, I notice that it gets more blur away from the center, seems to me that you are using some kind of standard software filter. This doesn't work when the face of the model is off center...

I also want to comment on cropping on some of the photos. The cropping on the last photo in session one looks tight especially with her elbow so close to the edge of the image. I would have framed her on the right side of the photo instead of the left.

The first photo of session two, I like the idea of capturing the subject in the mirror, however, the subject in the foreground is still too defined and is distracting. Perhaps you can darken that portion to help let it become less attention grabbing.

The same goes for the next mirror shot where the model's face is right next to the mirror. I understand that it's very difficult to get a big depth of field within such a short range, but I will suggest darkening the subject in the foreground. I am not sure if dodge will work, you have to experiment with different tools.

In the third photo of session two, you can lower the aperture to get more depth of field. Right now, both the face and the lower elbow in focus, but the main part of the body, the shoulder and the upper arm is out of focus. At first I thought you missed fired your trigger, but then I realized that you are trying to focus on the face.

Thanks all for taking the time to comment. Sometimes photography is a lonely sport :)

Yeah... her lower lip certainly got my attention. It looks a bit odd. :er:

Not entirely sure what Blowtoxed means. Collagen injection? LOL guys, this girl is 20 years old, those are her actual lips. And it is obviously a matter of taste, but my goal is to high-light the lips, not hide them... Ask a woman, those are considered highly desirable. But regarding matters of aesthetics, there is no right or wrong, so I gratefully take your comments under advisement, and await additional opinions.

In the first few photos, I notice that it gets more blur away from the center, seems to me that you are using some kind of standard software filter. This doesn't work when the face of the model is off center...

No filter, just shooting with a fast lens too wide open. The DOF ended up being less magical and more distracting than I would have preferred.

I also want to comment on cropping on some of the photos. The cropping on the last photo in session one looks tight especially with her elbow so close to the edge of the image. I would have framed her on the right side of the photo instead of the left.

I think you're right, that would have been better. Unfortunately I should have thought of that when I shot her. This is the frame as it came out of the camera, I should have composed differently while shooting. I need to shoot a little further away to leave myself crop room.

The first photo of session two, I like the idea of capturing the subject in the mirror, however, the subject in the foreground is still too defined and is distracting. Perhaps you can darken that portion to help let it become less attention grabbing.

The same goes for the next mirror shot where the model's face is right next to the mirror. I understand that it's very difficult to get a big depth of field within such a short range, but I will suggest darkening the subject in the foreground. I am not sure if dodge will work, you have to experiment with different tools.
I will try darkening, that might work. As it is I find mirror shots a little clichéed.

In the third photo of session two, you can lower the aperture to get more depth of field. Right now, both the face and the lower elbow in focus, but the main part of the body, the shoulder and the upper arm is out of focus. At first I thought you missed fired your trigger, but then I realized that you are trying to focus on the face.
That was a misfire, I will make one of those fashionable quasi-fake-lomo shots out of that frame, hence the square crop... Sorry about posting that one, it's a work in progress.

Most reactions

Back