Model shoots, do's and don'ts

tell her that if she doesnt want to shoot under your condition which include a model release, she can take self portrait with her point and shoot all day if she wants.

lol, that's pretty much all she has at this point. OK, no release no pictures ;)

You are right, 100 pounds 5.4 ft woman in high heels, tight dress are really dangerous.
Yeah, because it's not like there's a chance that she brings somebody that could beat you up and steal your gear, amirite?

You are right, 100 pounds 5.4 ft woman in high heels, tight dress are really dangerous.
Yeah, because it's not like there's a chance that she brings somebody that could beat you up and steal your gear, amirite?

paranoid.jpg

you probably one of those who carry a gun in your camera bag, sorry
I carry a 10 ft tall heavy duty stand.

lol, I'm a pretty big guy and I know how to not get into situations where possible. :D

So regardless of the "trade" agreement, I should always retain 100% copyright to my photographs unless purchased outright?

This is the wording that I use ( I need coverage for video, film and photographic purposes):

I hereby accept to be filmed or photographed by __insert business number__ Canada Inc. for the production entitled ___ insert production name____.

DATE: ____________________________

NAME: _____________________________________________________________

ADDRESS: __________________________________________________________

TEL: ______________________________

I hereby release all rights pertaining to the audio and/or video recording, production and/
or reproduction of my voice, my person or other materials described above, and on all
forms of exploitation and representation for audiovisual, televisual, cinematographic,
videographic, photographic, public display, as well as all domicile representation by
all modes of transmission, without limitation by hertzien waves, by cable, by satellite,
by fiber optics, by numeric numbering or by any other medium in existence or to be
invented for the purpose of exploitation of the series in question and of all its future
versions in all languages for the entire world in perpetuity.

DESCRIPTION OF MATERIALS
I hereby declare and guarantee that the rights granted by the present and their use
under the present terms will not constitute an infringement or a violation upon a
commercial brand name, a copyright or an intellectual property right of a third party. By
the present, I hereby disengage ___insert business number___ Canada Inc. from
all responsibilities related to legal pursuits, complaints or claims that may follow the
cessation of the rights and their usage in the present terms, except in those cases where
there may be negligence on the part of __insert business number__ Canada Inc.
and to exonerate it from all blame related to all complaints and expenses and to all the
costs, expenses and damages due to a breach of guarantee given here above.

SIGNATURE: _______________________________________________________

WITNESS: __________________________________________________________

Most reactions

New Topics

Back