Model shot for C&C

good lighting (centered catch lights are not ideal).
horizon seems slightly off.
is that a flip-flop in her hand?...distracting and hard to identify.
you lopped off her left hand.
skin could use some touch-up.

wish i was at the beach right now :D

C&C per req: The lighting & exposure isn't bad, but you need to get your flash off of and away from the camera as well as reducing your ambient exposure by 2/3 - 1 stop to avoid the bright/blown background highlights. I agree that the object in her right hand is distracting. I would crop this much higher, such that her left forearm is removed completely and as well, lose most of the empty space image right.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks I was still unsure about cropping out the bottom and was looking on tat specific feedback to make my decision. I'm still learning how to effectively use my flashes and the suggestions really help me learn and try different things.

good call john, she is dead center.

*edit*
a good rule of thumb is to crop above the elbow or above the knee...depending on the need.

Agree with the crop suggestion except for one thing. Is this shot about the girl or the tattoo?

Agree with the crop suggestion except for one thing. Is this shot about the girl or the tattoo?

and thats a good question...if it IS about the tattoo, then you gotta get that whole hand in there. if it's NOT...dump the forearm.

10x better.

Yep, much better. Now fix the horizon line (level it I mean) and the catchlight (either move them a bit to the right or remove them totally) and you will have a decent photo.

Cheers.

I would have closed in on a tighter crop up top an dhad her drop the flip flop and got her hand in the photo, or done a tighter crop like edited in an above post and I also would have cleaned up her skin a bit. The exposure isnt bad though

Most reactions

Back