Model Shot???

gigiphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My son want's to try modeling and I took some pictures of him. I'm wanting some feedback and how the picture comes across.">

It's hard to tell without them being side by side but is there a difference between the two of them?

I like the shots... I'm sure someone will find something wrong with them but I like em'! Mind sharing your setup?

I prefer the lighting on the face in number 1 better.

It's hard to tell without them being side by side but is there a difference between the two of them?

I like the shots... I'm sure someone will find something wrong with them but I like em'! Mind sharing your setup?

Pics are the same I don't know how they got copied. By setup you mean program for editing?

Pics are the same I don't know how they got copied.

Go back to your original post and click the edit button. Copy and paste below and add [/IMG] with the brackets at the end.

copy

My son want's to try modeling and I took some pictures of him. I'm wanting some feedback and how the picture comes across.

Drew3-Copy.jpg

Pics are the same I don't know how they got copied.

Go back to your original post and click the edit button. Copy and paste below and add [/IMG] with the brackets at the end.

copy

My son want's to try modeling and I took some pictures of him. I'm wanting some feedback and how the picture comes across.

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac29/gigiphotog/Drew3-Copy.jpg[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your help. I'm just learning.

whats your lighting setup?

Cute kid. I don't like the way the light is falling on the hair on the left side of his face. That bright spot on this left ear is a little distracting, too.

I believe by "set-up" you're being asked how you had arranged the lights in your home to get this shot.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the vignette being obvious. For myself, if I have an image where someone can tell I added the vignette, I went too far. But, that can be personal taste as well and there are always rules to be broken.

I like the image overall though. The black and white suits the picture and his light hair really grabs your attention. If you were going to attempt someone again, I would look into setting up something to get more of a spark in his eyes. Perhaps a reflector? Having that spark would really add quite a bit of life.

I believe by "set-up" you're being asked how you had arranged the lights in your home to get this shot.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the vignette being obvious. For myself, if I have an image where someone can tell I added the vignette, I went too far. But, that can be personal taste as well and there are always rules to be broken.

I like the image overall though. The black and white suits the picture and his light hair really grabs your attention. If you were going to attempt someone again, I would look into setting up something to get more of a spark in his eyes. Perhaps a reflector? Having that spark would really add quite a bit of life.

Thanks so much for your input. Picnik was the only editor I had at the time.

Well, the lighting really has more to do with what you use when the picture was taken and not really much to do with the post processing put towards an image. Sure, you mess with light levels, but it's not especially the same. Ideally, a good photographer won't really need to rely on photoshop work for most of the images. At least, not drastically. A good exercise for you might be just experimenting with light. Really pay attention to the differences.

For instance, try taking a picture of something outside early in the morning. Then come back in the middle of the day and get the same shot. Compare the two and see what you like best about each one.

Thanks! Yes I do know I need to work on my lighting.

Thanks! Yes I do know I need to work on my lighting.

I think if you move your lighti source a little bit more infront of him oppossed to directly above him(camera left) you'll probably have better results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back