Modeling Shots

Raddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a friend who is trying to break into modelling. She can't afford professional pictures at the moment, so I offered to take some free of charge to add to her portfolio. I'm not really experienced in shooting just sheer glamour type shots. Does anyone have any suggestions on what/how I should shoot and the types of pictures agents are looking for?

I have a friend who is trying to break into modelling. She can't afford professional pictures at the moment, so I offered to take some free of charge to add to her portfolio. I'm not really experienced in shooting just sheer glamour type shots. Does anyone have any suggestions on what/how I should shoot and the types of pictures agents are looking for?

Best thing would be to look at other shots that are already published.
look at shots on websites or in magazines of the types of stuff she wants to do.
if she wants to do fashion stuff, search for fashion modelling agencies websites and browse their portfolios.
then look at fashion magazines, check the kind of shots that are used in them.
once youve looked at a few portfolios you'll start to see lke a pattern of certain shots that allways appear, then you can start with them. then when you have them, start being creative from there.

just my 2p ;)

www.onemodelplace.com for ideas on shots.

Your friend can find a lot of fashion photogs that will take photos for next to nothing or nothing to build up their portfolios. My niece started that way, built up her book and is now going to Japan for a modeling gig.

Agencies want to see a few things. First of all is height. 5'7" or taller. Getting into modeling being shorter than that (high fashion) is nearly impossible. They want to see personality and the ability to sell.

Good luck!

Perhaps This Might Help:

http://www.180mag.ca/0704/kanarek/kanarek.html

Most reactions

Back