Models?

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok I really enjoy taking portrait photos and i'd like to do it more... where do you folks find models? Most of my friends are extremely camera shy and hence pretty resistant to letting me take snaps of them.

Any ideas for finding willing individuals to help build up a portfolio? Keep in mind i'm a student... I thought about putting up posters around campus asking people to contact me but so far I'm having trouble phrasing it correctly.

Try to ask your schoolmate for private shoot.

Most of the girl like being shoot, however, they afraid you will share the photo with others, specially the friends they know. They are worry about the quality of photo......so you should promise them you will not share all photo outside until get their apporval.

you will meet more model and improve shooting skills shortly!

You could offer models prints for their time...Commonly called TFP (time for prints). This way they get prints of themselves (hopefully good ones) and you get experience and hopefully something for your portfolio.

put up ads for a free headshot shoot (this works particularly well if there is a theatre program at your school) do shoots of say 30 pictures and if they want to purchase some, sell them... if not, at least you have the experience. Just make sure that they sign a release in lieu of payment.

You could try OneModelPlace. It can be a little frustrating if you don't have much experience. Don't expect the experienced models to do TFP with you unless you have something knockout to show them. But if you stick to beginners who are looking to learn themselves, you might find someone who's willing to trade Time For Prints so that you both get some practice.

I met Tanya there. And I still owe her her prints. I really have to get my printer working again, dammit.

BTW, a lot of guys try to use the site as a way to meet girls, so don't be surprised if the models are a bit standoffish if you approach them in anything but a professional manner.

Most reactions

Back