mommy goggles or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolitor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What say ye? Am I wearing mommy goggles, or is this one actually kind of OK?

<Link Removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
From your avatar I hope you are wearing daddy goggles.

I like the shot overall. I can't really comment much on the technical aspects insomuch as it looks good to me.

However, for me personally I just don't like seeing the backs of people. I would rather see their faces but maybe that would change the entire dynamic of what you were going for?

That speck of light on the back of the boys head. Is that from development?

I think you should clone that out. It is distracting.

It has potential in a "Hansel and Gretel" kind of way.... but need more context.

I like it. Can you return to this place easily? I would. Try going there different times of day to see how the light gets laid out. Same comp but have them standing a bit more apart holding hands would be perfect, in my eyes of course.

How does the sun set relative to this angle? Could you get a, sun in the trees silhouette, while they are holding hands would be priceless.

All that being said I would be damn happy with what you already captured.

I think it's neat... But kinda creepy... Which I happen to be ok with... But many "mommies" would not.

Now that Bitter Jeweler has torn away the veil, as it were (in another thread).

This is one of W. Eugene Smith's more famous photographs. This particular jpeg has some issues, some of which were pointed out, and I certainly can't complain about the commentary. Just because something is well known doesn't mean you have to like it.

Kind of disappointed that nobody seems to have recognized it, though.

I think your "test" is hilarious. I often wondered how people would critique well known and well respected photographers if they weren't aware of who actually took the shot.

However, I think some other people may not be so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back