Monitor calibration

Jessie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello members!
I frequently take, as well as edit and share digital photos on my home computer monitor. I hardly ever use other monitors, but just yesterday I used another one of our computers at home and was really surprised to see a huge difference in brightness and saturation of my own photos.
I'd like to view web photos as the original designers intended, and I don't want to over-edit my digital photos in Photoshop, either. Can the experts on the board explain to me how to accurateyl calibrate my CRT? Thanks very much for your help!

You need hardware as well as software to calibrate a monitor. I recommend the GretagMacBeth Eye-One. The Display2 is about $250.

Colorvision makes a kit that includes the colormeter and software. It is not as feature rich as some of the competitors but its cheaper and does the job.

Printer calibration is also available but is fairly expensive.

The Spyder2 is Colorvison's product. I've used both and the Eye-One produces better results, at least in my experience. The Spyder is cheaper by $60 or $70, so if cost is a factor it could be the way to go, I think the Eye-One is worth the extra cost. You get what you pay for and all that stuff...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back