Monitor recomendations

SHaller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a new monitor for photo editing and displaying photos to clients but im not about to spend $1500. My laptop screen doesn't cut it anymore. I wanted to go 27', but would settle for a nice 24' or 23'. I don't want to spend much more that $300 and don't mind going used (unless monitors are one of those things you don't want to buy used). It seems like asus makes a decent 27' and I can also get an older 23' apple cinema display in the price range too.

Apple Cinema displays aren't bad performers and they are also quite shiny. Good for the "look at me I have an Apple and therefore I am an artistic genius" effect. I'd probably recommend one of those for showing off to clients.

Apple Cinema displays aren't bad performers and they are also quite shiny. Good for the "look at me I have an Apple and therefore I am an artistic genius" effect. I'd probably recommend one of those for showing off to clients.

Well im referring to the ones from 2008 before they made the jump to a glossy screen

I recently bought a Viewsonic VP2365. It's an LED IPS screen. LED (backlight) is great for low power usage, I'm not sure if that affects it's performance or not. IPS is a much better technology than the typical TN type screen. The look of the display does not change as I change my viewing angle, which is a big problem with TN screens.

I'm a reformed Mac hater and use a 27" Mac Thunderbolt monitor

I use a Dell UltraSharp IPS 2209WA (22"). I'd jump on the refurb offered here - DELL UltraSharp 2209WA 22 Inch Black Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Here's what it looks like next to a 19" in a real life editing work station:
WrkStatn1-2-10_0028.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back