Mono Lake

malachite

Heavily Medicated For Your Protection
Reaction score
Been a long time since I've taken a picture during the day ;) Had no idea we were going to be passing by Mono Lake or I would have planned on spending more time there. So here's my one decent shot while having to wrestle for tripod space between all the Asian tourists. Even though I was the only one there at that spot that spoke English, one the of the guys there tapped me on the sholder to point out the 7 Nikon D70's all in one row, all pointing at the same thing. So here's my non-original, 1 of 7 in existence, image of Mono Lake..........

Mono-a.jpg

Malachite!
Wow!
To see YOU back on here is wow-y in itself!
And then this photo... very cool.
But where is your photo of all the lenses pointing in the same direction?

What a breathtaking spot. The mountains in the background are just amazing. Enjoyed your story as well, photographers speak in a common language ;) Hope you'll post more, I've missed your photos!

mike, is this where the pink floyd album art from wish you were here was taken? It looks oddly familar. Solid shot matey, your shot is the only one that ended up in this forum so that already puts you a step ahead of the others :D

Awesome shot. I really like this one.

Very nice, I love the colors and that background is amazing.

Raymond J Barlow said:
very cool view,, where is this place., and what am I seeing out there on ths lake?

They're 'tufas'......limestone.......the ones above are around 6' tall.

Mono Lake is one of those places that's photographed to death. Tons of photo workshops happen there. Read all about it here

Sunrise it seems is the best time to shoot though. The evening magic hour only lasts about 30 seconds and isn't too spectacular as the sun is going down behind a bunch of mountains and is outta view before the light is really good anyway.

But then it seems I shoot by moonlight the best so a return trip is going to be a necessity.

malachite said:
They're 'tufas'......limestone.......the ones above are around 6' tall.

Mono Lake is one of those places that's photographed to death. Tons of photo workshops happen there. Read all about it here

Sunrise it seems is the best time to shoot though. The evening magic hour only lasts about 30 seconds and isn't too spectacular as the sun is going down behind a bunch of mountains and is outta view before the light is really good anyway.

But then it seems I shoot by moonlight the best so a return trip is going to be a necessity.

wow, amazing place!! thanks so much for the info!

ooh very nice! Must say rocks remind me of the Loch Ness Monster though :)

Most reactions

Back