Mono Studio Shots

Bartley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

Just dropping by with some mono studio shots I snapped up yesterday.

For the people interested in gear I shot these on a Sony A7rii with the Zeiss 55mm.

The first shot was lit with a Bowens flash head the second set with a single ring light off to the side and a slight bit of ambient light from directly behind me.

AuXyM19.png

Cy70Lg7.jpg

Gorgeous. #2 really stands out to me. Thank you for sharing.

Gorgeous. #2 really stands out to me. Thank you for sharing.

No problem. Glad you like number 2! It stands out to me as an example on how doing things incorrectly results in a cool image. Loads of people who try to do things the right way would never light a model like this / leave the heavy natural vignette in but I think it enhances the shot!

They're all great. Every detail comes together really well, and you also captured shape and form really beautifully in each of these.

The skin looks unretouched, but also looks really amazing. To me that shows you have major skill as a retoucher if you did do any retouching, but if you

Last edited:
They're all great. Every detail comes together really well, and you also captured shape and form really beautifully in each of these.

The skin looks unretouched, but also looks really amazing. To me that shows you have major skill as a retoucher if you did do any retouching, but if you

Thanks, minor retouching removing a few of the larger spots but for the most part I leave it as is. I'm not a fan of retouching in general to be honest. As you'll see with most of my work I'm really not a fan of perfect so I like to leave things in which I think add realism and character.

Thanks, minor retouching removing a few of the larger spots but for the most part I leave it as is. I'm not a fan of retouching in general to be honest. As you'll see with most of my work I'm really not a fan of perfect so I like to leave things in which I think add realism and character.
I really like the result. I myself spend a lot of time retouching my photos to attain an "unretouched" look. Realism is relatable, and when something is too perfect the human mind picks up on it, making it very hard to connect with a portrait in my opinion. I'd really love to find the confidence to just stop retouching, but when I look at my unretouched photos I always feel like their true potential can be brought out with the right amount of subtle editing.

Most reactions

Back