Monopods forbidden in Paris

You can always use the old "stand on a piece of string screwed into your tripod mount" for a decent amount of stabilization on the go.

--
Sent from my Droid Bionic.

Look out guys... your ignorant American is showing.

Hey, what's that stick, sticking up outta' tha back of yer' overalls, Mr. Eastern Washington??? Talk about ignorant American--one of those two guys is from Dublin....that's in a place called "Ireland", which is a foreign country--in other worlds, a land far, far from the Palouse and those Cougars... :) (wink,wink, nudge,nudge)

What was even more frustrating was that while I was at the Louvre they had some kids photography thing going on in the French Sculptures area and they ALL had tripods! And there were two blind people walking around hitting people with their canes... I'm still not quite sure what blind people were doing at an art museum...

What was even more frustrating was that while I was at the Louvre they had some kids photography thing going on in the French Sculptures area and they ALL had tripods! And there were two blind people walking around hitting people with their canes... I'm still not quite sure what blind people were doing at an art museum...

Or why there's braille on the buttons on the drive-up ATM.....

I saw from somewhere where they say that it is useless and sometimes introduce blur if you have the VR. Guess this is only for lens without VR and will not be useful soon when all lenses have VR.

this is not true, of course. If you use it on tripod, VR is not useful and sometimes introduce blur (not equivalent to the vice versa). This does not make the tripod less useful.

Anyway, also in Italy and also outside tripod may be forbidden, depending on town, according to a law that regards occupation of public ground. It seems that some town police enforces this rule... and we have an italian way of avoiding it: monopod put on a foot :) .

Last edited:
I saw from somewhere where they say that it is useless and sometimes introduce blur if you have the VR. Guess this is only for lens without VR and will not be useful soon when all lenses have VR.

this is not true, of course. If you use it on tripod, VR is not useful and sometimes introduce blur (not equivalent to the vice versa). This does not make the tripod less useful.
And this is only true if the lens doesn't have the new VR that has a 'tripod mode'.

VR can be left on when your camera/lens is on a tripod. VR can also be left on if a tripod head is not locked.

thats just weird. who doesn't like tripods. i would think with some the garbage you find walkin around in the street over there a tripod would go quite unnoticed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back