Monopods

You can get a Manfrotto 681 for about $50.00 brand new. Very strong. In my opinion, I can't see buying a CF monopod, even the heaviest aluminum monopod is not that heavy.

That is actually one of the ones I was looking at::)Thanks

Similar, but not the same. I have both and no longer use the one you posted. It is shorter and supports less weight. At 6'3" I wanted the extra height for extended shooting. I didn't mind the 680 when shooting macro because I was never using it fully extended anyways. Now that I have the 400 f2.8 for sports I don't want to bend over all day while shooting 2 or 3 different college events. I also wanted the extra stability since the 400 f2.8 weighs in at 11 pounds alone. Just depends on your height and needs. The one thing I do know is that you can always make a monopod that is too tall shorter, but not the other way around.

Monopods (also skiapods, skiapodes, Monocoli) are dwarfs or dwarf-like creatures with a single, large foot extending from one thick leg centered in the middle of their body. The name Skiapodes is derived from - "shadow feet" in Greek, monocoli from 'one legged' in Greek.

Joseph,

Could a copepod be used instead of a monopod? They seem to be cheaper, and yet they are all made of advanced carbon fibre and other composite ceramic-like materials.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Helen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back