Montana Wildlife---Gopher Included

carly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some wildlife I found in Montana.
Wild Antelopes ---they run if they see you blink.
022-2.jpg

Two cows...a herd is called cattle, but Im not sure about just two:meh:
050.jpg

Gophers everywhere! These were in my backyard...."Okay, which way did she go?"
030-2.jpg

Zoo in North Dakota
056.jpg

Wild Buffalo herd found on the side of the road as i traveled one day...there were are lot more...I did not use my zoom on them, I actually was this close to them when I took the photo. I know...dont say it...
buffaloinND2.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of wildlife! I didn't know there were wild antelope in Montana. [I've gotta admit, when I came to the picture of the crocodile, I got a little confused until I saw that it was of a creature at the zoo! :lol: ]

Lovely conutry out there. We saw antelope all over the place when we were traveling in that area a few years ago. That's a pretty close shot to those buffalo. Check out the one below that I got in Yellowstone a while back (ignore the overexposure. i wasn't really into photography at the time. lol). No zoom used on it either. lol
Basking_Bison_by_4fit.jpg

Great shot of the buffalo! I was in Yellowstone several times and saw the herds. I also got to see a pack of wolves running...love Yellowstone.

Nice...

I'm going to Montana in less than a week. I won't have much time for photography, but I hope to come away with at least a few decent shots. Let's put it this way. I'm not going to Montana without taking any photos!

What part of the state will you be in? There are great opportunities in the entire state...if you are driving go through South Dakota and the Badlands----utterly amazing. I stopped there for hours on one trip.

Have a great time!

What part of the state will you be in? There are great opportunities in the entire state...if you are driving go through South Dakota and the Badlands----utterly amazing. I stopped there for hours on one trip.

Have a great time!

I will be traveling down 94 to 90 up to Helena, actually at Lion's Sunshine Camp, we have a family reunion.

I'm so torn because I will be so close to Glacier Natn'l. Park but it is still 3 hrs from Helena I think...I'm assuming due to mountain roads.

Oh well, we'll still be up in the Rockies, so there will be shots a' plenty.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back