Montreal - Night

Ashok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please let me know what you think about this picture. Thanks.

12june1.jpg

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is it a first attempt at nighttime photography?
If so, then this is quite good!
Do you work with a tripod, or did you have to rest the camera somewhere, some railings or so, for support?
If you have a tripod, next time you might try to work with a smaller aperture and longer opening times. Brings out the lights more like stars than like bright blobs.

OP
A

Ashok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
thanks for viewing my threads guys.

@ la foto ... its not my first attempt, I tried it one time from the roof top of a 20th story building, it was a complete disater.. I did not know which settings to use :cry:

I think I got a okay setting on this one. So its my first attempt with proper setting :D

unfortunately I do not know how to change shutter speed or aparature on my camera.. i don't even know if I have that option, I use Powershot A520 (Canon)

I did not use a tripod, I usually bring my camera when I go out for fun with my friends and don't bother dragging tripods around, I used a railing to take this picture.

LaFoto

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm just realising that this is a cityscape, so it is more "at home" in the General Gallery than the Landscape and Nature Gallery, from where I have moved it, ok?
And a tripod would be handy if you really want to go into nighttime photography - not the casual one that you have so far gone for. (Your result is quite remarkable for this being sort of a spur-of-the-moment pic, though!)

OP
A

Ashok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
LaFoto said:
I'm just realising that this is a cityscape, so it is more "at home" in the General Gallery than the Landscape and Nature Gallery, from where I have moved it, ok?
And a tripod would be handy if you really want to go into nighttime photography - not the casual one that you have so far gone for. (Your result is quite remarkable for this being sort of a spur-of-the-moment pic, though!)

hey, thats fine, now that you moved it.. more traffic to my thread :cheers:

Actually, this spur-of-the-moment pics is one of the better ones out of the many i took :lol:

If there is a specific night that I am going just for picture, then I will bring a tripod, but I find it a hasle to take it out of the bag, set it up, and un assembley it... the problem with me is that I tend to take pictures of everything I like... so in a night time walk, I would set up tripod and un assemble it a good 25 times !

OP
A

Ashok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
SantosD50 said:
Need contrast, colors seem flat!

I don't really know the technique of setting the correct contrast...

I use photoshop to set the contrast by eye.

ps: Its 12:01 in Montreal... I just turned 19 !!! :mrgreen:

LaFoto

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, sounds like someone has a birthday then!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ashok.

Most reactions

New Topics