Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
679733Monument.jpg

Very nice. Photoshop out that fence post or whatever in the lower right corner.

i don't think i'm seeing what you're seeing, ksmattfish. :? at least, i don't think i see anything around that area that's detracting from an otherwise nice photo. is it just me?

aha! disregard that last comment. :wink: it helps to scroll so you can see the whole image i suppose. duh.

anyway, yeah... that's a bit of an eyesore, but i may not have noticed it at all (even having seen the full picture) if it hadn't been pointed out.

Nice shot, but I wouldn't bother with Photoshop. I'd just crop the bottom of the pic off. That bottom portion doesn't add anything of value to the composition anyway. :wink:

Jim

I left the fence post in intentionally to and a sense of scale to the shot. Having an object in the foreground is a comment trick to add sense of scale in landscape photographs

As for cropping the bottom, that would add to the faux panoramic look, cut it from 6x4 to 6x3, 3/4 out the bottom & 1/4 the top

680795Monumenta.jpg

Jeff Canes said:
I left the fence post in intentionally to and a sense of scale to the shoot. Having an object in the foreground is a comment trick to add sense of scale in landscape photographs

that would work better with a more readily recognizable object. in my opinion, when you're including a secondary object in your photo to scale it, it should be more clear that it's intentional. i'll take your word for it, but in this case it doesn't really look like it was. :?

I like the pano-crop. I'd like to see it with just the bottom cropped off, leaving all the sky, just to compare.

This is the sort of subject matter that seems to have it's own built in sense of scale, and the desert shrubbery adds the sense of depth. I found the fence post distracting; like a Budweiser bottle lying there. But maybe that is part of the message in the photo. Sometimes I get fed up with litter or power lines and integrate it into my landscapes. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Most reactions

Back