Moon Over Lone Pine California

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took a 4-day car camping trip to Lone Pine CA to visit a friend. Really didn’t plan on focusing my trip around photography, but I did set out in the evening to see what I could capture. On this evening, we took a drive up to the Whitney Portal and stopped part way up at one of the overlook spots and captured this.

moon-over-lone-pine.jpg

5D, 17-40mm, f/11, ISO 100, 1/50 & 1/8 hand-blended in CS2

That's a nice photo Mike.

Looking at your photos always takes me back in time.

Back in the day, I used to spend a fair amount of time in the Sierras, rock and ice climbing.

My climbing partner was an alumni of the Thacher School in Ojai.
They lease a group of Forest Service cabins at Golden Trout Camp, a few miles south of Whitney Portal, and we had year-round access. Instead of going on up the portal road you turn left on Horseshoe Meadows Road to get to the trailhead.

We did quite a bit climbing around the Cottonwood Lakes area and on Mount Langely. In the winter one of favorites was ice climbing the couloir on Cirque Peak. We always checked in at the Ranger station in Lone Pine when we were going to be spending time at the camp.

In the Fall we usually spent time on the walls in Yosemite Valley, and/or the domes at the upper end of Tenaya Lake in Tuolumne Meadows.

this one doesnt seem quite up to par in comparison to your others.

Keith - I never knew you used to live here (CA). I would love to be able to access the high country in the winter!

D-B-J - I agree. Unfortunately I can't control the weather/lighting...LOL! Had to make due with what I had.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back