Moon photography

Has anyone tried it with mirrored 600 or 500?

Mirrored lenses typically are cheap, and have all sort of IQ issues. Basically junk... after all, look how cheap they are. You get what you pay for.

A quality mirror lens should do fine at infinity, however.

there isn't anything wrong with mirror lenses per-sey. it's more the application.

Quality Mirror Lens
Honest Politician
Reliable Dodge
Big and Beautiful
I can quit anytime I want

These statements all have something in common ;)

Here is a Flickr Group dedicated to images from Mirror reflex lenses... Flickr: Mirror Reflex Lens

Last edited:
Pictured: Not the moon, first post with "Photography internships" website at the bottom... i'm SURE this isn't a scam...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictured: Not the moon, first post with "Photography internships" website at the bottom... i'm SURE this isn't a scam...

Scam?? Maybe.. SPAM definitely! :) (and reported as such!)

Scam?? Maybe.. SPAM definitely! :) (and reported as such!)

GAH freakin typos. :*( haha p and c aren't near each other, definitely meant to type spam.. have NO idea how that happened... haha

Please - Do Not Quote SPAM, or suspected SPAM, just report it and mention you reported it in the thread. :thumbup:

Mirrored lenses typically are cheap, and have all sort of IQ issues. Basically junk... after all, look how cheap they are. You get what you pay for.

A quality mirror lens should do fine at infinity, however.

there isn't anything wrong with mirror lenses per-sey. it's more the application.

Quality Mirror Lens
Honest Politician
Reliable Dodge
Big and Beautiful
I can quit anytime I want

These statements all have something in common ;)

Here is a Flickr Group dedicated to images from Mirror reflex lenses... Flickr: Mirror Reflex Lens

:) nice one thanks

Not just the moon, but a robin silhouetted against it. From earlier this summer, shot at 1/40, f/22, 200mm, ISO 200:

DSC_0563_31sm1.jpg

Nice shot.. but it deserves a good crop... maybe something like this?

$DSC_0563_31sm1.jpg

I have to say that your photos are amazing and this word doesn't describe your art as it should. The clarity is awesome and the details are wonderful. It's really interesting.
I have never seen something similar before. I would really want to see more pictures taken by you, because I am really amazed. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back