Moonlighting

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally had a clear night with no clouds to go out to Mt. Rainier. Unfortunately, the moon is just past being full, so it washed out much of the stars. However, I think I got a couple shots I can be proud of. Comments and critiques are always welcome!

Rainier in Reflection Lake by RxForB3, on Flickr

Moonlighting by RxForB3, on Flickr

The first is taken AT NIGHT at (almost) full moon? The colours suggest dusk to me. They are beautiful, no doubt!
I find the second quite impressive WITH all those stars showing!

No, I suppose I should have clarified. The first was indeed at dusk. Thanks for the compliment!

Both are well composed. Nice framework of the mountain reflection in the lake.

The mountain in the second shot seems a bit distant as the subject. Maybe a tighter crop.

That second shot is a killer. I dont think Id touch a thing with it. Nice the way the sky goes from light pink to jet black and full of stars. If you crop anything maybe a bit of the excess black on the bottom. The mountain may be far away, but its so prominent there is no reason to zoom in on it with any further cropping. It looks more like a well executed illustration than an actual photograph. Great job.

both really good shots for me. But second one is a standout..... I like the way the subject is not actually the biggest part of the shot, yet is still clearly the subject.

Thanks! I think the glow behind Rainier in the second pic is the Seattle/Tacoma area, but that is a LONG way off, so I'm not sure...

u sure thats not just a silhouette of some trees with the paramount mountain in the bqckground? lol

i like the second one best

Most reactions

Back