Moorhen

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ventured to try and find the Mandarin duck I posted recently. No show but got a few of this wee fella.

Moorhen 1024-1-denoise-denoise.jpg

Moorhen 1024-2-denoise-denoise.jpg

Moorhen 1024-3-denoise-denoise.jpg

Magnificent shots! No worries about the duck.

Thanks K. Yeah, I was a tad disappointed with the no show duck but this little beauty made up for it.

From a distance they just look like rather plain black birds but seen in the right light, they have a lovely array of browns, blacks, blue/greys. Hopefully I've done it justice. Only downside was I was using the 500 prime and there was some lovely reflections but I couldn't back off enough to get them all in the frame. ;)

A 500 prime ... no wonder they look so good. Having to walk around to frame things up is the only big con of one but I think it's worth the effort. If nothing else you know you worked to get the shot and can be proud. *I'd gladly give up my 150-600 for a 500 prime.

A 500 prime ... no wonder they look so good. Having to walk around to frame things up is the only big con of one but I think it's worth the effort. If nothing else you know you worked to get the shot and can be proud. *I'd gladly give up my 150-600 for a 500 prime.

Thank you very much indeed.

My 150-600 is kinda my walkabout lens and usually just keep it in the boot (trunk) of the car for handiness. It's a fantastic lens but wow, the 500 f/4L is something else. Paired with the Canon 5Dsr's 50mp as it is in these shots, it's just awesome. There's zero sharpening done on these, in fact the opposite, I added a tad of NR which softened them slightly. Hand held too.

I've had the 500 for a few years now and the guy I bought it from had owned a couple and said this one was a really sharp copy. I can't disagree:D

Very nice, especially #2

Most reactions

Back