Moorhen

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I guess it's odd that I've always been interested in birds, but have little interest in photographing them. Or perhaps it isn't - I like photographing churches but don't attend one! Maybe I'm just contrary.

This nesting moorhen, untypically, was nesting in the open, so an easy shot. For more info go to http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Moorhen.jpg

macawlvr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A nice shot...love the colors and clarity!
For not liking to photograh birds, you do very well at it!

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nice shot Tony, I can say that I have never seen such a bird, and you have captured it very nicely., a little more exposure would bring out the eye, and it could be helped with the shadow/highlight tool in PS. With your permission I will give it a try.

OP
T

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Permission granted Raymond - tweak away!

Tony

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks Tony.. My simple minded thing suggests that the creative process of photography dosen't end at the click of the shutter., I enjoy the tweaking process, and I hope by doing this to your photo, you are not offended.

Of course, having the original file would have made my work more productive, but here is what I was able to do with your shot in about 5 minutes.. I know for sure Digital Matt would have done better!

I did buy a PS CS book/instruction guide today, I should have read it before working with your shot!

Moorhenedit3.jpg

OP
T

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
More detail in the eye certainly improves the shot Raymond - it gives more emphasis to the bird's head. Thanks for the effort and interest you put in.

Tony

http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Most reactions

New Topics