Moose in Motion

JonK

I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i like this shot a lot but I'm wondering what you all think.
Is it too blurred? Can you tell it's a moose? Do you care? Is it too dark?

I love the motion and I know it's a moose but would love to hear what ppl think.
Thanks. :)

43592241_74c6439e19_o.jpg

I can tell it's a moose but it's too blurry for my taste.

Maybe if there was a significant difference between the moose and the trees in the background, I would feel the sense of movement better.

To me it just looks like a shot taken with too slow a shutter speed, out the window of a vehicle driving on a bumpy dirt road.

What was your objective here? was it to give the moose motion? was it to create something 'different'?

When looking at an image like that, you need to give some information about why you took the shot and what the objectives where, otherwise its hard to differentiate it from a mistake (which im in no way assuming or insinuating it is, i know your work to well for that)

i do understand this type of photography but find it hard to appreciate it. I've been an artist for about 5/6 years (in a qualified sense) so i understand what your getting at (only because ive seen it before). i have always been of the opinion that its trying to be different rather than trying to create an image. this can only apply to me of course because i dont know your intention.

hmm interesting shot JOnk... i'd probably have liked to see a little less blur..but it does work for me
Maybe if there was a significant difference between the moose and the trees in the background, I would feel the sense of movement better.
maybe this could work the shot better :thumbsup:
sometimes you just take a shot coz you feel you need to capture the moment.. you can't alway carry out a 'design process' behind it... you think too much over it.. you miss it
thanks for sharing JOn :thumbsup:

i like it and can tell it's a moose. next time you have one of these, post it and ask people what they see...you'll love their responses! :)

Big Mike said:
To me it just looks like a shot taken with too slow a shutter speed, out the window of a vehicle driving on a bumpy dirt road.

Big Mike gets the prize...that is exactly what it is. :p However I did know exactly what I was doing and the result it would produce.

And I agree that some more separation between subject and BG would make this shot better.

I took this shot because it happened and I didn't want to miss it so I took advantage of the situation and made the best of it. Was early morning and the light was weak; shutter speeds were very slow and the moose was running. Seize the moment I guess is the motto here.

Thanks for looking all of you and commenting. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back