Moral dilemna in war

ByronKirk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Guys Im Byron.
Was just interested to know what you guys thought in relation to the morality of war photography? Should peoples privacy be put on the line in order to show the rest of the world their pain?
Id be really interested to hear what you guys think.
www.Byronkirk.com

War PJs don't generally go into people's homes to photograph them.

Just like fungus on a lens one of the best ways of stopping war of it is to shine some sunlight on it.

Considering how immoral war itself is, I would consider the issue of war photography morality to be moot.

If you are referring to soldiers and non-combatants out in public view, public view is the key and no one can expect any privacy.

If you are referring to soldiers and non-combatants you are injured or that have been horribly maimed, dismembered and killed, I think it is wrong to supress that type of image.

If more people saw the true life horror and devastation war produces, it would be more difficult for the politicians to start wars.

Watch RESTREPO. Its on NETFLIX instant watch. It will blow your mind.
-love limp

War is news and news should be covered. Alot of images that are shot during any conflict are censored by the military or news outlets themselves. The rest of the world needs to know what's going on and the only way to know is through coverage. Politicians start wars, and then they watch what they have created, the majority of them sit in the comfort of their homes while the troops get to play political pawns in the chess matches. The only way to inform is though graphic images of the death, destruction and pointless loses of life that war brings.

I'm not sure how privacy enters into it, there really isn't a private side to war.

Considering how immoral war itself is, I would consider the issue of war photography morality to be moot.

If you are referring to soldiers and non-combatants out in public view, public view is the key and no one can expect any privacy.

If you are referring to soldiers and non-combatants you are injured or that have been horribly maimed, dismembered and killed, I think it is wrong to supress that type of image.

If more people saw the true life horror and devastation war produces, it would be more difficult for the politicians to start wars.

He says with the freedom of speech secured by war. People have seen the devastation war causes for well over 3,000 years and nothing has changed. The only thing immoral here is the human species and in due time it will wipe it's self out.

Bang on the money, Sir!

Watch RESTREPO. Its on NETFLIX instant watch. It will blow your mind.
-love limp

there is another thread on this but in case you hadn't seen it.. Author & Restrepo Director Tim Hetherington Killed in Libya - GalleyCat

Yeah I sen that and heard it on blogs and podcasts and what not. I turned my buddy on to that DOC and he fell in love with everything that guy made and or directed. RIP Tim. I watch that flick and thank him for giving his life so we can see what our boys go thru for our freedom.

I recommend you read and veiw Vietnam Inc by Philip Jones Griffiths one of the most powerfull books i have read, it is anti war

Most reactions

New Topics

Back