More Airplane Pics

AirVenture

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Today was our fly-in breakfast at my local airport. What this is...basically people that love airplanes and/or great food fly or drive in for this get together. Well...enough talking...more pics!

Powered parachute...minus the parachute! My first picture...and probably my favorate!
P7110011.jpg

Wonderful taildragger...Cessna 180
P7110027.jpg

Nose in the air...lots of corn!
P7110031.jpg

A family friend owns this 1946 Taylorcraft...I tried to give the picture some age...what's your photoshop elements tip for doing this?
P7110028v2.jpg

Where things get done...
P7110038.jpg

Tip: slow down the shutter speeds for prop planes...too fast of speed with cause the blades to "stop" looking like the engine quit!
P7110044.jpg

Not great quality (digital zoom)...but I love the shot.
P7110046.jpg

Two greatest hobbies in the world...flying and taking pictures of flying :)
P7110051.jpg

-Brett :)

Great work!
Have you noticed how one expensive hobby leads to another?

I like the avatar Ant, got to see my first flying Hurri at Geneseo this past weekend.

Thanks. It was one of the pics I took at Duxford. That Hurricane flew too, together with a couple of other ones.

P7100341.jpg

Hello all!

Thanks for the comments. Too bad photography is my cheapest hobby! Nope...I haven't flown in an ultralight. It's not of great interest of me, but I'm sure it would be fun. In some cases, you don't even need a licesne to fly them, however the one in my picture is flown my a licensed pilot. Nice airshow pics Ant. It makes for a very fun and challenging subject. It's just two weeks until the largest airshow in the US...which is right here in the state of Wisconsin. You can be sure lots of pictures will be taken!

-Brett :)

Really looking forward to seeing the pics. Even more so considering you're using the same camera as mine.

Hi I like the third one most, but it makes me feel that horizon is trying to fall on left, isn't it?

I like the black and white one the best. To make it look more aged, I would start with a very slight discolouration. I would play with filters and levels but everything should be subtle.

Most reactions

Back