Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
IMG_8222_5x7.jpg

IMG_8201_5x7.jpg

IMG_8196_5x7.jpg

IMG_8191_5x7.jpg

IMG_8177_5x7.jpg

:heart: Beautiful.... I can't wait till i have my own studio... hopefully by the end of the year!!!! Is that muslin draped over bub? and what is he lying on?
xxx

Baby Alex is laying on some white/creamy colored material that is used to line the insides of wedding dresses, its a bit stiff buut it works, there is also a bed pillow under that. He has a diaper on and is wrapped up in abot 12 feet of gauze! I got this idea from a friend of mine, she said that the gauze looks and feels very soft in photos. Alex LOVED the gauze too, he had so much fun playing with it. Its its washable so all I have to do is toss it in the laundry on the gentle cycle, and when it gets too worn out you can buy more...this 12 feet cost I think like $9?? I cant remember!

I like that first shot! :)

Hi, me again.... just had another squizz at your pics and love them even more than the first time!! The tone of the b & w is amazing.... i'm relatively new at all this so excuse my lame questions but was wondering if you shoot on b&w mode or convert from colour using ????? Would love to know... not quite sure how to achieve that brilliant b&w shot but yours are exactly that!.... some b&w look good but the tones?! in yours are exactly what i look at as being fab! Looking forward to hearing about your tricks. Jemma xxx ps...do you have a website? Would love to have a peek

Hi Jemma, thank you!

Yes I shoot in B&W. I rarely do conversions because when I see a shot in my head I actually see it in B&W so thats what I want to look at when I view it on my camera and then on the pc. As for the tones, those were a bit tougher. I do a lot of playing around in Photoshop to get the look I want, the darker photos are usually just as I like them but the lighter ones are tougher, I tend to shoot and under expose most of the time. When I set up the camera shooting mode for B&W I bump up my contrast and sharpness to full throttle! LOL Then I just shoot away. Wish I could give you more information but honestly it just sort of comes to me, sometimes i change up the exposure sometimes I add more light. It all depends on my mood and ideas that are in my head when I shoot.

Thanks shelley... you certainly are one of my faves... i'd kill to do b&ws like yours.... fingers crossed i will one day... feel free to email me any hot tips as they come to you!! xx just one last question (for today anyway!), how are your prices (i hope thats not too rude) but trying to get an idea on my own pricing... obviously mine don't compare to yours so i'm thinking your exy! you should be anyway!!.. do you have set prices per size eg: 5x7 $20....or packages etc.... and opps, one last question, what study did you do and how long have you been in the business for... i'm doing up a bit of a business plan at the moment and trying to come up with a business name to register, but i certainly don't compare to you so am beginning to wonder if i am kidding myself??.. have heaps of great feedback around me, but they haven't seen the works of people like you and Cindy(elsapet),,, another fave. Sorry to crap on so much, just have so much to ask!!!! and figured it would be best to ask someone like you. Kindest regards LOL, Jemma xxx ps.. do you have a website... would love to have a sticky xx

Jemmy you made me blush!! Thank you for such nice compliments! I actually made my husband read this post! LOL

As for prices...it all depends on what the person wants, since I dont have a studio and people vary on what they want, I usually charge what I know they can afford. I do have a couple set prices though....
for a CD with 5-15 shots on it of different sizes so they can print as they want I charge $40 (51.5900 AUD)(for now anyway)
I have a flat sitting fee of $35 (45.1328 AUD)
If they want prints it depens on the sizes for now I charge $15 (19.3419 AUD) per 8x10 sheet that I print and I print on Ilford GalerieClassic Pearl Paper the quality of the photos are just gorgeous!

Ok now as for the study I did....your gonna laugh and say NO WAY!....

I had no training at all!! Everything I learned I learned by observation, and reading and asking a LOT of questions from other photographers on websites like this one! I would look at a photo that was submitted for a critique and read what others said and if I didnt know what they were talking about I looked it up on the internet and educated myself. Ive been told for so long and by so many people that I had a natural eye for photography but I never had the means to pursue the profession until now. And there is no going back either! I do have a website but its being built right now so until its up and running Im not going to post it because all you can see is the front page, soon though I will let the world see it! For now its going to be simple and little by little I will add stuff and stylize it the way I want it.

:heart: No training?.. No way!!!! You rock!! Thanks for writing back! Last thing i'm going to say is I bloody wish you lived in Australia! xx Keep inspiring us with your posts xxx:heart:

ShelleySnapz said:
Jemmy you made me blush!! Thank you for such nice compliments! I actually made my husband read this post! LOL

As for prices...it all depends on what the person wants, since I dont have a studio and people vary on what they want, I usually charge what I know they can afford. I do have a couple set prices though....
for a CD with 5-15 shots on it of different sizes so they can print as they want I charge $40 (51.5900 AUD)(for now anyway)
I have a flat sitting fee of $35 (45.1328 AUD)
If they want prints it depens on the sizes for now I charge $15 (19.3419 AUD) per 8x10 sheet that I print and I print on Ilford GalerieClassic Pearl Paper the quality of the photos are just gorgeous!

Ok now as for the study I did....your gonna laugh and say NO WAY!....

I had no training at all!! Everything I learned I learned by observation, and reading and asking a LOT of questions from other photographers on websites like this one! I would look at a photo that was submitted for a critique and read what others said and if I didnt know what they were talking about I looked it up on the internet and educated myself. Ive been told for so long and by so many people that I had a natural eye for photography but I never had the means to pursue the profession until now. And there is no going back either! I do have a website but its being built right now so until its up and running Im not going to post it because all you can see is the front page, soon though I will let the world see it! For now its going to be simple and little by little I will add stuff and stylize it the way I want it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back