More bragging from the jocose Jo Cose!

JonMikal said:
this was a deal we made last meet-up. i give you a D70s in exchange for a seat on the next bomb you guys send up.

Ohh god please make it stop my undies just went damp!!!

:biglaugh: :lmao: :mrgreen:

Cool.
Congratulations.
Is it a D70 now?

And I HOPE you still leave some D.C. there! (any time you take a pic, a bit of the place goes missing, or isn't it so????????????? :scratch: )

Wish you only nice weather for the first Baltimore Meet-Up!
And lots of nice piccies. Of yourselves, if photographing the surroundings won't work for some reason. OK?

oh sweeeeeeeeeet! yay jo :hugs:
now get shooting n sharing! :D:D:D

Thanks everyone. Sadly, Momma Nature didn't feel like being nice to Jo Cose, so Joe and I had to cancel the Baltimore Meetup. C'est la vie.

But I've been playing, and I was right...my pics are CRAP with a real slr. That's OK, though, I was prepared for this--it's exactly as I suspected--I've been conditioned to see the changes in the EVF when I changed the shutter speed and f-stops. It's just going to take me a bit to get the hang of it.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer, so I think I will head out and see what kind of damage I can do.

Thanks again.

It will take a little while to get used to. What you could do for practice is shoot some different settings inside, with controlled light, until you get used to shooting with it. Explore the camera and see what works for you. :D

I'm psyched that you got it. You had hit the limit of your P&S and can't wait to see what you can achieve with your DSLR. :thumbup:

hobbes28 said:
It will take a little while to get used to. What you could do for practice is shoot some different settings inside, with controlled light, until you get used to shooting with it. Explore the camera and see what works for you. :D

I'm psyched that you got it. You had hit the limit of your P&S and can't wait to see what you can achieve with your DSLR. :thumbup:

Thanks, Hobbes. tell my mom that...she still doesn't understand why I had to buy a new camera when I just bought the Canon PowerShot in June :)

Jocose's mom... Having an advanced point and shoot like the PowerShot is sort of like having a golf cart. They are really good for getting you used to the fundamentals of driving but don't do you much good when you're good enough of a driver that you're ready to get on the interstate.

Well said! :D
I bought my PowerShot last year in February and had the 350D added to the collection by December. Not quite so fast as the jocose Jo Cose, but ... oh no! I am not going to say this! Never will any comment about "women drivers" leave my lips. Oh no! :shock:

:lol:

jocose said:
Thanks everyone. Sadly, Momma Nature didn't feel like being nice to Jo Cose, so Joe and I had to cancel the Baltimore Meetup. C'est la vie.

But I've been playing, and I was right...my pics are CRAP with a real slr. That's OK, though, I was prepared for this--it's exactly as I suspected--I've been conditioned to see the changes in the EVF when I changed the shutter speed and f-stops. It's just going to take me a bit to get the hang of it.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer, so I think I will head out and see what kind of damage I can do.

Thanks again.
Weather sucks.

Y'all crack me up. Hobbes, I told my mom what you said (in your first post)...I wish I had waited until I had your wonderful analogy!

LaFoto, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who upgraded within a year :)

Raymond, do you have any connections to get JM into space? :lmao:

Most reactions

Back