TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1) A charming old lady ( re-edit)

IMG_25052copy.jpg

2) Hybrid

IMG_2587copy.jpg

3) Who says lollypops are for kids? (re-edited)

IMG_2585cropcopy-1.jpg

4) Gotta love that hat

IMG_2592copy.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice captures, full of real life character. The hat guy in #4 is my favorite of them. The photo of the lady in #1 does seem a tad dark to me too, since you asked. Actually, in 1, 2 and 3, I think it might help to find at least a few places in the subject to let a bit more bright white come through, in order to play more of the symphony of tones. ;)

For some reason I really really like number 3. The expression on his face is just, i don't know how to explain it.

Number 1 looks good to me.

Ok I've re-edited #3 so far and finished a new one:

IMG_2610ncopy.jpg

DReali

Last edited:
Ok, 3 more:

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

Last edited:
One more:

IMG_2514.jpg

Last edited:
Your people shots are my absolute favorite out of anyone's I've seen. You can tell whether someone is an interesting subject or not, which is not very common from the other "street people shots" I've seen by other photographers. I also think its the way your backgrounds are blurred also. There is not a bit of distraction going on whatsoever in your photos, yet you are aware of where they are. And I just can't get over your tones! They are so amazing and dramatic! If you don't mind me asking, I have a few questions for you because I have always been extremely interested in street people shots and you have really inspired me to go out and get some. What lens do you take when you go out shooting? Do you ever use a flash or do you just use natural lighting?

I like this series. Are you intentionally going dark/underexposed on the post-processing? I like it; I'm just curious about your creative choices, here.

Your people shots are my absolute favorite out of anyone's I've seen. You can tell whether someone is an interesting subject or not, which is not very common from the other "street people shots" I've seen by other photographers. I also think its the way your backgrounds are blurred also. There is not a bit of distraction going on whatsoever in your photos, yet you are aware of where they are. And I just can't get over your tones! They are so amazing and dramatic! If you don't mind me asking, I have a few questions for you because I have always been extremely interested in street people shots and you have really inspired me to go out and get some. What lens do you take when you go out shooting? Do you ever use a flash or do you just use natural lighting?
Thanks Flower Child, I'm touched that my work could inspire such an enthusiatic response. For my street photos I always use natural light and look for areas in the street where more is available (under a streetlight, sunlight reaching between 2 buildings for example) and i camp there and wait for characters. I used to use my canon ef-s 17-55mm 2.8 A LOT as its fast and quite versatile, but now I walk around with my new 50mm 1.4 prime exclusively, I'm in love with this lens. On a bright day I usually shoot at f1.4-1.6 as the shutterspeed is fast enough to keep the subject in focus. With less light I usually shoot at f2.0 and above.
I like this series. Are you intentionally going dark/underexposed on the post-processing? I like it; I'm just curious about your creative choices, here.
Thanks Pugs, I do intentionally under-expose my images (especially the backgrounds) with the use of spot-metering and layer masking in pp.

Thanks Flower Child, I'm touched that my work could inspire such an enthusiatic response. For my street photos I always use natural light and look for areas in the street where more is available (under a streetlight, sunlight reaching between 2 buildings for example) and i camp there and wait for characters. I used to use my canon ef-s 17-55mm 2.8 A LOT as its fast and quite versatile, but now I walk around with my new 50mm 1.4 prime exclusively, I'm in love with this lens. On a bright day I usually shoot at f1.4-1.6 as the shutterspeed is fast enough to keep the subject in focus. With less light I usually shoot at f2.0 and above.

Your help is greatly appreciated! You have some stellar lenses! Now I have an idea of what I need to look for, for my next investment in a lens. I think the 50 mm you mentioned is what I'm going to go for (mostly because of cost) and the excellent dof it has. Many thanks.

great series! some awesome captures here. love the expressions of a lot of them great work!

you capture really high moods. good shoots indeed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back