Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot in my front yard after work.

1)
cirrus-1.jpg
2)
cirrus-2.jpg
3)
cirrus-3.jpg

I like 3) the most for the unusual shape and perspective. Are you using any filters on the lens or doing anything extra to achieve a look for the b&w? I shot recently some big, imposing cloud fronts using tungsten WB with polarizer and grad for blue-toned color pictures.

#3 looks good.

I like 3) the most for the unusual shape and perspective. Are you using any filters on the lens or doing anything extra to achieve a look for the b&w? I shot recently some big, imposing cloud fronts using tungsten WB with polarizer and grad for blue-toned color pictures.

Well, I usually work in lightroom CC ... in this case I applied Red High-contrast filter, and pulled back on the exposure, and pulled up the whites & highlight sliders, down on the shadows & blacks, and fiddled with the contrast & clarity until it looked right

Reactions: ak_
I like #3, interesting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't this be good in color? Would have the beautiful blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't this be good in color? Would have the beautiful blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In colour we have it every day. Blue is always there, and that is, what most people see. In b&w you have a chance to concentrate on texture of the cloud and always unique, rather abstract shape of it.

Thanks for the reply. The LR red filter works well.

Well, I usually work in lightroom CC ... in this case I applied Red High-contrast filter, and pulled back on the exposure, and pulled up the whites & highlight sliders, down on the shadows & blacks, and fiddled with the contrast & clarity until it looked right

Yeah, this heavy filter effect does make the clouds seem abstracted, less like clouds in the sky, and more like "objects"..."things"..."forms"..."apparitions"...

I've been pretty impressed with the various Lightroom filter effects, and the tonal variety/shifts that they can quickly and easily apply to digital captures and even film scans.

I like the second for its balance. The image is built around those two bright diagonal lines, with everything else as support. I'd be tempted to darken the lower left corner just a bit.

I like the dramatic contrast you achieved, but the actual photos and compositions just kinda leave me blah.

Most reactions

Back