More Dead Bunker

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another morning of Bunker (Atlantic menhaden) getting smashed to pieces from bluefish below and getting picked off by Osprey above.. I feel pretty lucky I get to witness this and photograph it almost everyday.. cool stuff.. comments welcome..

1.. Old Saybrook Outer Light
Osprey+Bunker and OS outer light by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

2. Not cropped. It's tricky when they bank right in front of you..
Bad Morning to be a Bunker 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

Bad Morning to be a Bunker 4 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

Bad Morning to be a Bunker 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

5 For the people that like wingtips...
Bad Morning to be a Bunker 5 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

Oh MAN!!!!!! 1,2,3 fricking awesome! Love the old lighthouse as a scale item in the BG!. Love to see the blood on fresh-killed fish. Second and third really show the osprey and its prey very well. These are some of my favorites of recent shoots you have done.

Yeah, i love number 3 as well, you can almost see him thinking "fish again for tea tonight"

John.

Pretty much what Derrel said with emphasis on the lighthouse. I love that shot.

One of these days kris is going to get a fish dropped on his head.

Good shots all around.

the favorite meal of Bluefish....used to get hit with them trying to escape the Blues. Great shots!

You know, having been pretty much spoiled by outstanding shots from you for the past few months, the shot with the lighthouse in the bkg is just outstanding.... sort of a palate cleanser in between close-ups of really, really surprised-looking fish.

I'm starting to think you hate fish LOL

Thanks for all the very kind feedback! The action was pretty fast for awhile and I have been trying to get the lighthouse in the BG, but the sun is always behind it in the morning when the Osprey fish there. I didn't realize I actually had gotten the shot until I went home and was looking at my images from the morning

I love #3 for the expression on his face...I wonder how it make sure it is dead apart from eating it...
They normally land on a branch and grasp the fish tightly until it stops wiggling and then they start by ripping the lips off and eat towards the tail, getting rid of a few parts they don't like..

One of these days kris is going to get a fish dropped on his head.
Good shots all around.
LOL, pretty close today! The seagulls love to steal the fish and I had a Bunker land on the other side of the road from where I was shooting..

I'm starting to think you hate fish LOL
LOL, that is why I started working at a Oyster bar :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back