More Edits from My First Session With A Model (not Friends/Family)

Maggedy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some more from the first time I ever shot with a model (as opposed to friends or family).

The backstory: I connected with a hair and make-up artist here in Austin who is also trying to build her portfolio. She really liked my work so we decided to try a shoot. I was very nervous at first, having never directed anyone solo. But Melissa had done some modeling, and my jovial husband came along to be my assistant so we got off to a good start and had a good shoot. Kira, the stylist, absolutely loves what I took (she was going for feminine and romantic) but I figured I'd post here and get brought back down to earth :)

996802851_KjHaq-XL.jpg

996803357_J7taZ-XL.jpg

996803632_j5sSr-XL.jpg

996803906_43pk9-XL.jpg

Very nice. I like that you edited a few different ways. I think it really helps to do this not only for yourself but the client.

I like them. What lens on #3? The only thing I could critique about is the make up artist. A lot of loose messy hair. you could fix it using clone tool and liquify though if you really want to.

I like them. What lens on #3? The only thing I could critique about is the make up artist. A lot of loose messy hair. you could fix it using clone tool and liquify though if you really want to.

I know what you mean about the hair, but I guess I'm ok with it. After all, the make-up artist was the one who hooked me up with the shoot in the first place and I got possibly the best shots I've ever taken. I'm getting tons of other inquiries because of them. Yay! She was going for a feminine, romantic vibe but I did think it was a little messy. We are doing another shoot next weekend outside a honky tonk. I'll be interested to see what she comes up with for that one!

As far as lenses, #1 was 35L, #2 85 1.8, #3 135 L (my fave!), #4 135L.

yeah.. #3 .. the way the lens blurred out the background I love! Really, cloning out the messy hair is not that hard. The do that all the time I think.

I love love love the first two shots. They're awesome! great focus, colors, and composition! My only very small complain is a silly one. I'm very distracted by her lipstick line getting messed up by her piercing. Not really something you can change.... but it bugs me nonetheless. I think the frizz in the hair is actually fine for the second shot. I feel like it adds to it even. Seriously though great shots! Very inspiring!

Thanks everyone! I am sick about missing the lipstick line when we were shooting! Just sick about it. But I guess I figured the MA would be all over that stuff? I won't miss it next time, that's for sure.

Well done. I like the different processing styles.

i like but not sure if it has been said, the jewelry in the lip is distracting to me. i seem to focus straight to that first. my wife even said it would look better without it there. i know that its peoples choices what holes they put where but this has a classy look and should stay that way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back