Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so it seems I need to get a Facebook page going for my photo work. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about it, so:

1. I tried to set up a page the other day, but couldn't figure out how to actually get it to take my business name, "John's Photography". It kept telling me that wasn't a valid name. I've seen lots of Facebook pages with "XYZ Business" - how do I do that?

2. It seems to me that the more friends/fans one gathers (is there a difference?) the better from a business standpoint; do most people maintaining a business page just accept as a friend everyone who requests it, or??

More questions to follow as I think of them.

You cant make a business page from a personal one.

Start a personal one, then link a business page to it and start advertising and recommending to friends.

I know a lot shun facebook and see it as nothing but a trendy fad, but it has been an amazing marketing tool and has drawn in more business for me than any other forms of advertising ever have. Since making a business page a year and a half ago, ive almost doubled my booking rates.

Honestly though, I would come up with something a little more creative than "John's Photography" for a name. Im sure there are already 100 photographers carrying the same business name...at least.

Okay, thanks - that brings up a new question than. I wasn't aware that there were different types of pages. I don't remember seeing anything about business pages when I looked at the Facebook website however.

You're right, "John's Photography" is hardly original or exclusive, BUT it is my established name, and I would prefer to maintain the continuity.

Most reactions

Back