More flowers

hlasso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi again.

This is my second post in this forum. I am new to the forum and also new to photography.

Last time I posted some pictures I shot near my apartment. I liked the subject and tought that I needed to work more on that. I'm learning to manually manage the exposure and all that stuff. Well, the following pictures were taken with the same camera (an EOS Digital Rebel) either with the 18-55mm lens or a 75-300mm lens.

I don't have macro rings or things like that, so I found that most of the pictures are a little blury. I guess it is because of being to close to the subject or due to the fact that I didn't have my tripod so I used a big aperture and the DOF was too swallow (is this correct?)

Let me know what you think of these:

Strange flower
strange-flower.jpg

Flower and bee
flower2.jpg

Another flower
flower3.jpg

I have a couple more than I can post. I'll be waiting for your comments.

----
Hector

the colours are quite nice hector. I like the DOF in the last one, its sharp enough so you can tell what it is, but blurry enough so it doesn't distract. #2 looks backlit, where you facing the sun when you took the pic?

Vonnagy,

Thank you for your comments.

Yes, It was backlit, and the only reason I shot that one is because my wife wanted to have a picture of a flower with a bee on it... In fact I tried three times adjusting exposure and speed but this one was the best. (The lens and lack of tripod didn't help)

hlasso said:
Vonnagy,

Thank you for your comments.

Yes, It was backlit, and the only reason I shot that one is because my wife wanted to have a picture of a flower with a bee on it... In fact I tried three times adjusting exposure and speed but this one was the best. (The lens and lack of tripod didn't help)

you've done well with the exposure if no flash was used. :) Sometimes you can go for an ultra artsy shot by placing the sun directly behind the flower, you can get a neat halo effect around the flower. you can use the flash to fill in the shadow details.

vonnagy said:
you've done well with the exposure if no flash was used. :) Sometimes you can go for an ultra artsy shot by placing the sun directly behind the flower, you can get a neat halo effect around the flower. you can use the flash to fill in the shadow details.

That is a nice suggestion (using the flash for backlit). I will try shooting with flash to practice a little bit.

Thank you for your comments again!!!

Never met a flower close-up I didn't like and those are neat!
DOF looks good to me so the blurriness was probably camera shake, you definitely need a tripod.
BTW, the third one was my favorite, really nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back