More from the streets of Portland

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple more shots from the streets of Portland, Oregon...

1. The Pearl District is an area of former warehouses, light industrial and railroad classification yards in Portland, now noted for its art galleries, upscale businesses, restaurants, and residences. The area has been undergoing significant urban renewal since the late 1990s, including the removal of a viaduct and construction of the Streetcar. The city really believes in sustainable growth, and this section of town – where the old coexists with the new – is one of the better examples of this philosophy.

2. More Pearl District

3. Even more Pearl District

4. Star of David decorating the outside of a church downtown

5. Moss finds a way to flourish everywhere in Portland

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
These are all composed wonderfully! My favourites have to be 1, 2, 3.

on the first shot i feel u should crop out some of the bottom white area... and i really like that second shot.. definitely my favorite.

What camera & lens are you using for these??
All were shot with a Nikon D70s and a Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens.

No 2 is amazing,how did you get the building exposed so well while looking directly at the sun?
I exposed for the building. Since the sun was too strong I decided to underexpose the building quite a bit, then brought up the detail in post-processing. Of course the sky on top is overexposed, but this was my only option without a filter.

on the first shot i feel u should crop out some of the bottom white area... and i really like that second shot.. definitely my favorite.
That's a good point. I thought that cropping part of the bottom (or even removing the sign) would leave the image too top-heavy, which is why the final crop is what you see here.

Thanks everybody for your comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back