more from the weekends shoot

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here are a few more from last weekends jobs, will post more from the children later. feel free to critique even if its harsh. all i ask is that you dont edit my stuff.

what do you think?

188473751.jpg

188473749.jpg

188473746.jpg

188473741.jpg

188471763.jpg

188471761.jpg

188471757.jpg

I think these are great portraits that would make anyone happy.

#6 is my favorite beucase it's so dynamic IMO, #2 has great lines in it that point the viewer to the subject, 1 and 7 have a good soft focus effect (I think, image compression is confusing at times) and the others are ok.

I don't like the one with the mirror, it does nothing for me.

thanks for the reply, what is imo? and what are you talking about with "(i think, image compression is confusing at times)"?

today is my first day to post, so im new to the slang

hey mike! glad you finally gave in and posted here :)

IMO means In My Opinion...
As far as the image compression goes...switch probably means that since the file was resized, he can't really give an honest critique on the soft focus effect on such a small photo, especially since jpeg compression can tend to do funny things with websized images (i didnt notice any of that in yours).

anyway, the photos are real nice! number 7 is my favorite, although you might want to bring up the vignetting a tiny bit around her head. i like number 2 too (tootoo? :D), it's very 'hip'. haha.

edit: came back and noticed i messed up. number 6 is my favorite :)

sorry for the confusion

I think these should go into the gallery that is there for them: Portraits!
So I moved them. OK?

sure thing, i put them in general to see if they got more comments . . .

here are my critiques:
#1: what does that out-of-focus light grey object is?????

#3: the face is out of focus, sorry... you cropped a foot, too (#3 is the worst of the set, IMHO)

#7: you cropped the hand...

although these things, nice set :D

in #3 the face is in focus, not so sharp on the resize, and on num 7 yes i did crop it, with the hand i just wanted it to be a tight shot
and felt it would have had to much negative space, but thanks for the comments, on 3 i just missed on the foot, framed the head where i thought it should be . . . whoops

#6 is my favorite, great composition and tones. The last one doesn't do it for me though...not a flattering angle for her.

Your name is Michael Hudson? I get called that quite often...although my name is Michael Hodson. I even went to school with a fellow named Michael Hodgson. Funny :scratch:

six and two are my faves great work :)

Most reactions

Back